ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adam's budget racing thread

clio cup
Oh, think I'll need to start a new thread for mine as I may be coming back to contest production class!
What engine mounts are we allowed to run Adam?
And are you aloud poly bushed suspension bushes?

Renault Clio 172
Oh, think I'll need to start a new thread for mine as I may be coming back to contest production class!
What engine mounts are we allowed to run Adam?
And are you aloud poly bushed suspension bushes?
To be fair, I can't believe you aren't already back racing! It would be great to have you back mate. It was a good crack at Silverstone.

I have no talent at all but I plan on doing a few races. Someone needs to come last... Might as well be me!

Engine mounts standard I think but polybushed suspension allowed.

WRX
Been contemplating it for a few weeks and have decided to go and play with the big boys next year in Class A. So I won't be out on track for the rest of the season and let Bob take the glory, as I need the funds for bits. Will be a definite work in progress as I'll be doing mods gradually. But all being well, will be something a little bit special. Project Bod is born.

Renault Clio 172
Been contemplating it for a few weeks and have decided to go and play with the big boys next year in Class A. So I won't be out on track for the rest of the season and let Bob take the glory, as I need the funds for bits. Will be a definite work in progress as I'll be doing mods gradually. But all being well, will be something a little bit special. Project Bod is born.
I'd rather you didn't! That's another place I've lost! [emoji3]

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i see the competition was too much for you here in class e then adam.
gutted to be fair was looking for a good battle at oulton. anyway all the best with your new build.

WRX
i see the competition was too much for you here in class e then adam.
gutted to be fair was looking for a good battle at oulton. anyway all the best with your new build.

Me too mate but Oulton and Snett combined is about a third of the cost to do what I want to do.

WRX
Spending has started for next year's modifications/enhancements. Clutch just delivered, fantastic service from @Russ_16v
Also expecting delivery this week on:
Cup wishbones also from Russ and PMS Strut brace and top mounts from @pure-motorsport.
New Snell 2010 helmet so I'm compliant with next year's Hans device regs, Hans device is on the Christmas list.

WRX
Little update, have taken the plunge and will be hillclimbing this year too but in my 172 Cup. Have recently had it looked after by @MicKPM and spent a bit on fresh suspension parts and a set of BC coilovers, trying to eek out a few tenths on the hills. I have sworn to only compete against myself so if I don't win, as long as I keep improving my times, then I will be happy. It is another thing that I am trying to do on a sensible budget. I will be competing in the Midland Hillclimb Championship at the Prescott and Shelsley Walsh events and possibly Loton Park and Gurston Down subject to cash.

WRX
Thought I'd throw this in just to show those that may not have seen it. First time I'd driven the Cup on track on the BCs . Very happy with them as I wanted them still soft enough to use everyday, as well as for the hillclimb events. Standard power, limited sensible mods and with full interior, just shows you don't need to go all out, to enjoy a Clio on track.

WRX
Black car is away for lots of surgery to hopefully make her competitive in the new Championship. Avo coilovers and PMS goodies to go on among other things.

I've also had my entries for hillclimbs at Prescott on 23/24th April and Shelsley Walsh the weekend after confirmed, so looking forward to giving the Cup some stick. All ready and good to go on that side.

Clio 172 (CUP)
Black car is away for lots of surgery to hopefully make her competitive in the new Championship. Avo coilovers and PMS goodies to go on among other things.

I've also had my entries for hillclimbs at Prescott on 23/24th April and Shelsley Walsh the weekend after confirmed, so looking forward to giving the Cup some stick. All ready and good to go on that side.
Best of luck on the hillclimbing. Also, would be interested in hearing how you get on with the Avos. Cheers

WRX
Had a cracking weekend finishing 2nd in class, behind @Sonic Boom who managed a PB so a great result for us both. A great inexpensive way into competitive motorsport. It may sound expensive for actual race time but if you include watching others all day, then it isn't too bad at all.

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
Cheers mate, Hillclimbing is very relaxed I love it.
The youtube video is set to private for some reason?
Rich