ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a new clio and a new user

2008 clio 3 1,2 bvr
hi.
I am a clio driver for 3 months. having some worries about getting used to the new car as for driving a R11 for 7 years, I've found extremely more than I supposed about the car which means I am honestly lack of knowledge about clio.
hope I can improve myself about this cute car.
I like to be a member of groups on my interests and since a car I own is not only a car, so I am here.

2008 clio 3 1,2 bvr
cliobxd4.jpg

cliofwq3.jpg

2008 clio 3 1,2 bvr
hi again.
it's been more than 5 years since I met my clio and registered here.
it's been 3rd clio btw.
after the accident, i had it repaired but couldn't get the performance and durability i demanded, so I bought identically the same one again. after driving the second clio 2 for more than a year, i decided to sell it again because i felt i was going to have the same nightmare at every curves. couldn't overcome the fear of sliding and rolling.
2 years ago, i bought a mk3ph1 1.2 16v bvr. I'm really content with this slower one. consumption is great. i can go 20-25% more with the same petrol. yes, it is slow, but for a man who can't keep the car on the road like me, 1.2 is the best choice. the slower you go, the less risk of going out off the road.
had some missing parts such as the electric mirrors, trying to install all one by one.
having lots of missing parts in the car made me extremely relieved because this situation has turned out to be my hobby. I've installed all these gradually:
the electric mirrors. yes, dont know why, my car which has the optional cruise control didnt have the electric mirrors. i found the plan on some diy sites and installed units inside the wing mirrors and the control unit and its done.
rear doors didnt have speakers, i installed pioneer 1321. i removed the original cd player and put one of those pioneer usb ones. i bought the stalk adapter also.
there was no lightning at the rear seats side, we were having troubles seeing our baby. i installed interior lights on two sides next to the ceiling handles.
also i installed led lights under the seats and the dashboard. these leds work with the doors only. and I also installed leds under the dashboard in front of the gear.

not being so assertive, this car almost totally does well. i fulfilled almost all the lacks except sunroof. maybe one day i can do this :)