ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A bit worried

Shhh
Tbh, it does look sh*t.

Makes it look like its a 1.2 made to look like a RS Clio.

I would ditch the 2nd exhaust, the rear tints, the rear lights, the wheels for one colour 12 spoke 17"s.

ClioSport 172
If you like it, thats all that matters! You will never please the people on here, so I wouldnt even begin to try

I think its nice to see summit a little different

Bumder With A Buffer
Needs silvervisions and anthra turinis FTFW ;)

Who gives a f**k if no-one else likes it dude... don't be a CS sheep. Car's are supposed to be individual and if you took advice of most on here we would ALL have the same car.

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Not my cuppa tea but that can all be changed easily mate, std lights and wheels are cheap enough. The exhaust well.................. i nolonger have the worst looking exhaust on the forum:eek:

Mini Cooper S sport
I don't like the lights, wheels and exhausts, but I've seen far worse on a Clio.

Just changing the lights to something more subtle or standard would make a huge difference IMO. At least you haven't stuck a bodykit on. (Don't even think about it!!!)

Who gives a f**k if no-one else likes it dude... don't be a CS sheep. Car's are supposed to be individual and if you took advice of most on here we would ALL have the same car.

What's wrong with that? Why are cars supposed to be individual? I think the manufacturer knows best.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
You were right to be worried.

Back to standard and start a fresh mate.

172 CUP, Old skool Mini
Tbh i wouldnt say it looks "chav" mate, ive seen alot worse on here! Just steer clear of halfrauds! NO NO NO to - a turbo stick on badge (Cant stand the tw4ts that actually use them), ironing board spoilers, stupid pointless washerjet lights or blinging dragon decals!! If u stay away from these you'll be fine! lol

Whatever you do to your car is up to you mate as you are the person who has to drive it. Trends come and go in the car modding world and at the moment it seems to be all about power and subtle modifications. As most on here have a fixed and blinkered vision of the Clio sport being perfect and the only mods should be those made by Renault, anything different will be derided as gash or chav.

The fact that you are concerned that you have made your car look chav is enough of a self doubt that the mods you have chosen are wrong. If you don't like it then you need to change it.

Clio Rsi
He asked for opinion we gave it, he doesn't have to take our comments on board if he's happy with it.

^ to right mate.

im fed up with people saying 'its your car, do what you want'
Although that is true, whats the point in asking for peoples opinions if you cant take criticism along with praise?
Yeah 100% agree that he should be happy with whatever he chooses to do & not be swayed by peoples comments, and that some people on here are more 'purists' and some are more 'modifiers', but every1 has the decency to state that its 'in my opinion'

Right im going to go and take a cold shower to cool down now!!!:mad:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL... I need a Horlicks now.

It's not too bad, nothing that can't be reversed if you grow out of that look.

clio sport 172
hold on a second you lot are getting really stressed about thiws if its a s**t car it is a s**t car like you say i may have bad taste which is why i asked for advice so all criticism is welcome and thank you for or totally abusing my car i will never show my face again

182-racing-blue

Don't be like that mate. I whacked a carbon bonnet on mine a few months ago and got mixed responses,I liked it for a few weeks and then got bored with it. It's back on now though cos I fancied a change. I think it stops me getting bored with the look of the car, which can happen.

1.2 8v 60bhp
why care what other people think? its your car, you drive it, whos cares what other people think

320d
Could be worse it could be a 1.2, i'd swap cars with you anyday.

Nothing that can't be easily reversed. Alloys on ebay, get any of the following some turini's, standard alloys, pro race 1.2 ,oz supertourizo's. Ktec stealth and standard rear lights winner.

Clio 1.2 16v
I dont think it looks bad. Each to there own i say.
I personally would not have the things you have done to your car, but thats me!!!

I was offered lexus lights a few weeks back free of charge for a swap with my lights and i have to admit i said "HELL NO" :D

Keep to it love if you like it thats all that matters.

EP3 Civic Type R
Why are you worried? I do my car for me and no else.

If you like it, why are you worried- stop trying to 'fit in' and have your car how you would like it- no one else.

It's not my cup of tea, but then again my car might not be to your tastes. Swings and roundabouts...

White clique
if you are worried and need to ask an opinion on it, then its a sign you are not comfortable with it, and you should therefore change it back to something you are more comfortable with.

Turbos.
Ignore the sugar coated fairies... you're right, you've ruined it.

OEM is the way forward! If you want to be different, shag a fat bird. No need to dress your car up like a Christmas tree 24/7.

200 Gordini
Why are you worried? I do my car for me and no else.

If you like it, why are you worried- stop trying to 'fit in' and have your car how you would like it- no one else.

It's not my cup of tea, but then again my car might not be to your tastes. Swings and roundabouts...

Thats right. End of the day you still have the 2.0l engine in it.

Its not my style though, i'd have put the original lights back on for sure.

To make you feel better check wileys car out ;)

J03

MX5 1.8
lol ahh, good old cliosport

its only the lights, exhaust and wheels... nothing major really.. dont understand what all the fuss is about, you can easily change that. if you fibreglassed a full carzone kit on it or something then thats complete chav.

Seen far worse but doesnt do it for me. Exhaust looks a mess, not a fan of the wheels and the lights although not as bad as the lexus type still look naff.

LY 200
after reading threw this website quite a bit now im worried i may have done my car up to look chavvy :( what would you lot consider to be a chav clio sport

And your bothered because? You obviously like what you've done to your car so why care what people who you dont even know on the net say!?

Its not my bag but whats chavy to someone else obviously isnt to you. Dont worry about it unless YOUR unhappy with how YOUR car looks.

J03

MX5 1.8
what made you do it in first place? its because you like it! you thought to yourself, oh i woud LIKE that on my car, if you see it everyday and look at it and you like what you've made, why should you care anyway? how boring would the world be if every clio owner had the same clio?

The problem is children that the stylists @ Renault spent a lot of time and effort touching up the forms and appearance of the sport range to give them a more aggressive appearance, without it being OTT.

I love the appearance of my car totally standard as do most of the members on here for their own cars. I among with many others simply do not understand the need to fit 'Lexus' lights or other such 'enhancements' that are simply damaging the original carefully designed appearance of the car.... but I guess each to their own, 'individual expression' blah blah. However judging by some of the modified Clios you see on ebay these people should leave their cars alone and got vent their 'indvidual expression' elsewhere!

Just a note yours is not that bad at all, I wouldnt drive it, but I have seen a thousand times worse!

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Not a fan to be honest!

Lose the wheels, rear lights and those two rocket thrusters on the back and it would be ok I reckon.

Megane 225 F1
i think it looks alrite. the 2nd exhaust doesnt do it for me simply becasue its big. other than that its a smshing car :p. i like the lights, i read alot about how people dont like them on this forum and i think that the LED lights make it look different and i like :D