ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A bit worried

LY 200
The problem is children that the stylists @ Renault spent a lot of time and effort touching up the forms and appearance of the sport range to give them a more aggressive appearance, without it being OTT.

I love the appearance of my car totally standard as do most of the members on here for their own cars. I among with many others simply do not understand the need to fit 'Lexus' lights or other such 'enhancements' that are simply damaging the original carefully designed appearance of the car.... but I guess each to their own, 'individual expression' blah blah. However judging by some of the modified Clios you see on ebay these people should leave their cars alone and got vent their 'indvidual expression' elsewhere!

To be fair i think your being the child here.

Out of interest did you buy his car for him Mr Renault?

My car is 100 percent standard bar a few little engine tweeks but what gives you the right to tell me or anyone else for matter that Renault spent x amount of time developing the 'perfect' car so i/they shouldnt change it!? :rolleyes:

To be fair i think your being the child here.

Out of interest did you buy his car for him Mr Renault?

My car is 100 percent standard bar a few little engine tweeks but what gives you the right to tell me or anyone else for matter that Renault spent x amount of time developing the 'perfect' car so i/they shouldnt change it!? :rolleyes:

mmmm I don't think I bought his car for him? :S

Its just a thought but my time in the automobile design & styling industry must count for something!? Sunshine I think you missed the point, again each to their own... http://pistonheads.com/sales/755073.htm

LY 200
Again sunshine, what you do for a living doesnt give you the right to tell anyone what they should do with there car once they've exchanged there own money for the metal and its off the forecourt......If they want to ruin it believing it looks good then what harm is it doing the likes of you? Are you trying to say its damaging Renaults reputation? Mmmmmmm, i dont think so!!!

The Clio you posted is as much s**t in my eyes as it is in yours but somebody obviously likes it dont they or am i wrong here!?

The thread is about the guy asking for our opinions... I gave him mine with justification.

Sorry If my honesty upset you.

Are you trying to say its damaging Renaults reputation? Mmmmmmm, i dont think so!!!

And off topic you've inadvertently raised an interesting question there ... Manufacturers are only too aware of their reputation and how it is effected by post-purchase private modification ... look at Corsas for instance and the new VXR. This is partly the reason why sports variant's of a standard vehicle often use more aggressive styling in order to capture would-be-modifiers (if that makes sense).

Fancy finding me a placement for next year ?? im a 3rd year at Coventry, studing Transport/Automotive design :D

Tough break ay.. Finding my placement was Ny-on impossible! What sort of placement are you looking for (engineering, styling, marketing)?

LY 200
Haha...It didnt upset me.

Your right he did ask for opinions and if you had said it looked s**t it wouldnt have been a problem but it really bugs me when people on the net play the alliegence to the OEM card as thats utter bolloy imo.

Where cars are concerned its all about personal taste imo whether you, i or joe from up the road thinks its s**t or not.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Tough break ay.. Finding my placement was Ny-on impossible! What sort of placement are you looking for (engineering, styling, marketing)?

A design based placement, not really fussed where. Hopefully will find one in january time for something im interested in :D

vers le haut doigt milieu
I agree with Tom, however Casper do what you want to your car. If people don't like it so what? what's the worst that can happen they won't speak to you? This place is a popularity contest where you have to like the same thing modify the same thing and speak the same way, the only people that matter are those that live in your area (and the admins) as they will do you favours and take you on good drives. Don't worry about what you do to your car, if you like it f**k em!

This place is a popularity contest where you have to like the same thing modify the same thing and speak the same way,

your right mate, If it hasn't got Turinis, silvervisions & a front splitter you might as well use the door..

vers le haut doigt milieu
And how i laughed at that.....Definitly a top reason for keeping people sweet is that Bash!!! ;) Ha

needs to go on a Shires run, could never do that with anything but the same car and drivers who know which pedal's to use at what time.

Last edited:
  Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Ok lets stop the waffle.

Yes...its chavvy, and if i bought it that way i'd have back to some state of standardness pretty sharpish, BUT if YOU like it then carry on regardless.
There are worse cars on here.

You need to have Lustys 'fingers in the ears' attitude to all the negatives comments if you are going to enjoy your stay on here!

I hope you manage it.

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
Started a debate here, Casper!

Your car, do what you please with it, it shouldn't matter what the rest of us think on here :)