ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my BG182 FF as she stands

3 years and a half of ownership, there's been more highs than lows so I'm keeping it for now :tongueclosed: some of you might have seen the car in various Mt Ventoux & Route Napoleon trips (i live in Provence).

It's probably late to start a log since the car is nearly coming like I wanted to. So to make it short the following parts were replaced with OEM stuff :
- front shocks and damper cups
- spark plugs
- all engine mounts
- steering tie-rod
- stabilizer bar SB
- exhaust SB
- front splitter
- RS mats

And then too much forum reading and a noisy exhaust got me into :
- sport cat 200 cells
- Madac exhaust but I kept the OEM central section because it was too loud with a straight through pipe (what a fantastic noise under load though !)
- ITG air filter
- Brembo Max front discs and HP2000 pads front, Ferodo DS2500 rear, RBF600
- OZ F1 15" wheels with Michelin PS2 front and some cheap rear tires (actually they're my winter tires but they're so soft the car is very oversteery)
RS182-004.jpg

- removed the rear seats and fitted a ktec mat
RS182-003.jpg

So, as she currently stands after a front wing, front bumper and driver's door respray :
RS182-001.jpg

RS182-005.jpg

Plans are :
- new 172 xenon headlights with black surroundings (they're grey on the 182) as I blew up two headlight renovation kits 🙈
- new front bumper washer jets as one is leaking
- try to get some parts back to blackness like the front grille and the wipers
- replace the passenger inner wheel arch liner
- ph1 gear knob (ordered)
- get some dings sorted out

and if I can source some good ones :
- Anthracite Turinis
- Recaros

Did I mentioned it's a cracking little car ?

2005 Clio 182
My missus Abarth was washed by her dad a while ago, he left swirls all over the damn thing. I'm left with a murdered paint job that I have to get machined by a pro one day. At least with wax it looks semi decent. Just dont get close...

My missus Abarth was washed by her dad a while ago, he left swirls all over the damn thing. I'm left with a murdered paint job that I have to get machined by a pro one day. At least with wax it looks semi decent. Just dont get close...
Don't worry mine has swirls too, gotta do the hard job one day !

cleaned the front wheels tonight
cleanOZF1-2.jpg

cleanOZF1-1.jpg

...and removed Rim Rings protection. they're good quality items but they just can't stand the effort on the front tires when pushing the car hard. fingers crossed not to kerb a wheel now as I need to sell them before getting some Turinis. I almost bought a set of white ones but decided it wouldn't look good and it was from a phase so 195/45/16 (failed MOT in France with that size). Then I considered getting some new Ultra's but the wife is not too keen on it ("are they real Clio wheels ??"). So just waiting for a good used set !

this morning the kind postman delivered this :
bonnet&gearknob-1.jpg

which was promptly fitted :
bonnet&gearknob-4.jpg

unfortunately I managed to destroy the original one in the process (all the leather got away). It was time for a change I guess.

Then I took care of the bonnet with
- Clay
- Meguiar Scratch X 2.0
- Menzerna 500 / 2500 / 3000
- Black Perl Wax
bonnet&gearknob-2.jpg

bonnet&gearknob-3.jpg

There are still some swirls but it turned out pretty good (no machine at this point).

today i took the front bumper off to change the passenger headlight and both headlight washers (not functionning since i bought the car, already changed the water pump)
headlights&washers-1.jpg

old headlight that i couldn't restore with kits (actually it made thinks worse)
headlights&washers-2.jpg

also replaced wheel arch as i missed a piece from the previous one
headlights&washers-3.jpg

couldn't believe the difference
headlights&washers-4.jpg

and the washers are also working !
headlights&washers-5.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
couldn't believe the difference
headlights&washers-4.jpg

and the washers are also working !
headlights&washers-5.jpg

Wow , is that a brand new headlight? did you buy one for each side?
They look amazing when they are brand new. Im definitely going to have to get a set after seeing yours. How much were they if you dont mind me asking.
The whole car is looking really fresh !

Wow , is that a brand new headlight? did you buy one for each side?
They look amazing when they are brand new. Im definitely going to have to get a set after seeing yours. How much were they if you dont mind me asking.
yep they're new, you can find non-genuine parts on e***. I paid 100€ for this one (someone bought a new but sold it as is) and the second is on its way (new from seller 140€).
tbh the quality is slightly lower than the OEM but of course they're way cheaper. also on mine i had to steal some small parts from the original headlight as they were not exactly the same (the headlight is for 172 ph2, has a 182 grey background but the light holder is for a 172 ph2, go figure...)

The whole car is looking really fresh !
yeah, can't wait to fit the other one !

went to buy a new camera a little further north and decided to go back through some small mountains
found a great stretch of road and the small summit with the view around was just beautiful !
bauxdeprovence-1.jpg

just in time for the good light
bauxdeprovence-2.jpg

needless to say, pretty happy with the camera too
bauxdeprovence-3.jpg

Reactions: Gus

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Stunning scenery!
When I was out in France for the summer last year I had taken with me some Brembo discs and pads, plan was to have the local Renault garage fit them as I didnt have any tools with me. They refused to fit them as I think they said they had to supply them for safety reasons. I then tried 4 other garages ad they all said the same. Is there some law in France for this ? c**ty to say the least. I ended up having to go to MR Bricolage and buy the needed tools to do it myself.

When I was out in France for the summer last year I had taken with me some Brembo discs and pads, plan was to have the local Renault garage fit them as I didnt have any tools with me. They refused to fit them as I think they said they had to supply them for safety reasons. I then tried 4 other garages ad they all said the same. Is there some law in France for this ? c**ty to say the least. I ended up having to go to MR Bricolage and buy the needed tools to do it myself.
yeah my local Renault dealer told me the same so I had to go to an independent one (which was a very smart move indeed). not sure if there's a law about that but Renault will refuse to fit non Renault parts. which sucks of course, especially in your case !

Where did you find the gearknob ball from
I found an exposition model from a Renault Sport agent 1000km away from my house, pretty lucky i guess. judging by today's driving, it feels much better than the standard one on upshift and downshift, especially between 3rd and 4th

cleaned the car at home pretty late, just in time for the sunset.
i tried a location near a car wash station and it was full with people queuing before the weekend ! so found a better spot..
cliosunset-2.jpg

cliosunset-4.jpg

cliosunset-6.jpg

cliosunset-5.jpg

cliosunset-7.jpg

Skoda Fabia VRS
Those camera shots are f**king dirty. I need to get into the whole photography jazz.

Also, did someone say BG with Anthracite Turinis? ;)
a3deb93185.jpg

looks great on yours mate. tbh i'm still not sure about the colour though.. i've ruled out white (but sometimes think about it), silver is tempting and anthracite has different shades that could be ok. tough choice

Skoda Fabia VRS
looks great on yours mate. tbh i'm still not sure about the colour though.. i've ruled out white (but sometimes think about it), silver is tempting and anthracite has different shades that could be ok. tough choice
I love both Silver, and Anthracite tbh. I would stick with either colour, they both look lovely on BG's. Huge fan of the F1's though, they just go so well!

I love both Silver, and Anthracite tbh. I would stick with either colour, they both look lovely on BG's. Huge fan of the F1's though, they just go so well!
i think i'm keener on Silver. there aren't many available right now around me, so still waiting for them to pop up.
the F1's are pretty cool and they're OEM, light and cheap so can't go wrong. it's just sometimes when looking at the car they look smallish (but all 15's do except 2118's)

Skoda Fabia VRS
i think i'm keener on Silver. there aren't many available right now around me, so still waiting for them to pop up.
the F1's are pretty cool and they're OEM, light and cheap so can't go wrong. it's just sometimes when looking at the car they look smallish (but all 15's do except 2118's)
Snap them up as soon as they do, you can't go wrong with Turinis. I would die for a set of 2118's, used to ignore them, but lately I've taken a huge liking to them.