ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5th Gear looking for a 182 Clio Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Si

RS Clio 172
Ross16v's is standard. not sure if it has PE2s all round at the moment though.

Why would anyone want Fifth Gear to thrash the fook out of their car for nothing?

I would expect a day's pay, new tyres, fuel and a day's rental of the car.

All they offer is "your car on TV" Whoopy Fooking Doo! Sounds like Fifth Gear's production expenditure budget is on the same level as the Used Car Roadshow.

Could use mine only has coilovers and exhaust on it, everything else is standard cup. :)

So, not standard then.

If Fifth Gear comes back to read this, can we gets a heads up of when its going to be broadcast? Will be an interesting review! Cheers.

Titanium 182
Does sound like a pretty raw deal tbh...

Someone whos gearbox is about to go could find it useful though.

Why would anyone want Fifth Gear to thrash the fook out of their car for nothing?

I would expect a day's pay, new tyres, fuel and a day's rental of the car.

All they offer is "your car on TV" Whoopy Fooking Doo! Sounds like Fifth Gear's production expenditure budget is on the same level as the Used Car Roadshow.

People have the option... they're not forcing anyone to give them their car. I would jump at the chance to go there, meet the team and see them filming all day. I'm sure they'll let you have a blast round in the 200 too if you ask nicely.

Not such a bad offer to be honest, shame I have the version with all the toys.

Peddled device
I'm sure they'd pay for your fuel down there,buy you lunch and replace your tyres should they make a mess.And its a day out at Millbrook which l certainly haven't been to before.

And TBH most of us have buried the throttle plenty of times on M-ways etc and had a bit of fun on the twistys so whats the harm in VBH,Tiff or Plato doing it on a track for 4 or 5 laps?

Titanium 182
I'm sure they'd pay for your fuel down there,buy you lunch and replace your tyres should they make a mess.And its a day out at Millbrook which l certainly haven't been to before.

And TBH most of us have buried the throttle plenty of times on M-ways etc and had a bit of fun on the twistys so whats the harm in VBH,Tiff or Plato doing it on a track for 4 or 5 laps?

Because they will be demonstrating excessive oversteer lol !
They always do :D

LOL @ all the people who can't read.

"My car is standard apart from alloys, IK, suspension and exhaust, do you want to use mine?"

Lee

BMW M2C
LOL @ all the people who can't read.

"My car is standard apart from alloys, IK, suspension and exhaust, do you want to use mine?"

I've had a good rant about it here this morning.

"Mine is standard except for..." let me stop you there.....

Ph1 172
Montoya wrecked cars.
Button drives smoothly.

I'm more of a 'Jenson' ;)

Haha interesting view.
I used to chuck my clio about and get 3k on the front and 7/8k on the rears.
Where as my dad is the smooth but fast type, getting about 10k on the front.
24k well thats about what my mom gets, and she drives...erm :sleepy:

Peddled device
Haha interesting view.
I used to chuck my clio about and get 3k on the front and 7/8k on the rears.
Where as my dad is the smooth but fast type, getting about 10k on the front.
24k well thats about what my mom gets, and she drives...erm :sleepy:

Funny b*****d ;)

My boy racer days are long behind me.There used to be an old bloke near where l lived years ago who had a black XR3i.My brother and l used to say "Why's he got that when he drives so slow?" I think l'm turning into him!

Would love to try a track day but thats another topic.

Yes, we've alll buried the thrrottle etc.... Thing is we've paid or are paying to bury the throttle. Where as they're not paying.

I've no doubt it'll be an interesting day out. I've had interesting days out from Renault in the past (Paris, Bedford, Brands) I just feel the 5th gear production team are taking advantage of people's goodwill a little too much.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
i dont know why they cant give any goodies.. its gonna be a nightmare when you come to sell the 182 cup because its been ragged to s**t on tv. Its hardly going to get a full service/once over after.

Im with tailerparktrev on this

Barge
Is this because you want to see my car ragged and then me crying. :dead: I just realised i can't take her due to me being at Center Parcs :(

Shame hun, it'd be awesome to have a club member on. I don't think they'll rag it*.

Gem's isn't a cup is it?

*Not any more than you might ;)

RB 197
Shame hun, it'd be awesome to have a club member on. I don't think they'll rag it*.

Gem's isn't a cup is it?

*Not any more than you might ;)

If they make it the following week, i'm there ;)

Your right it'd be gnarly to have a club member reppin' the side. Not sure about Gem's? If it is then it doesn't state on her pro, me doesn't think.

Do 5th gear actually know there is a difference between a 182FF and a 182 Cup?! Just interested that's all. I mean, they are Top Gears cast offs anyway lol. But it's a serious question.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
He made it 4 hours on CS before realising that a CS warm welcome isn't worth the hassle and probably went to another owners club for a car... Christ guys, slate fifth gear, tell him what car he should use, offer him modified cars then slate his offer for the members aswell. If you dont like the offer he has made then you dont need to take him up or comment on it, to some-one else it might seem like a good day out that they may have missed out on now...

172 Exclusive... For Sale
He made it 4 hours on CS before realising that a CS warm welcome isn't worth the hassle and probably went to another owners club for a car... Christ guys, slate fifth gear, tell him what car he should use, offer him modified cars then slate his offer for the members aswell. If you dont like the offer he has made then you dont need to take him up or comment on it, to some-one else it might seem like a good day out that they may have missed out on now...

Took the words out off my keyboard. Well said.

RB 197
I've given Erik an e-mail. I know i'm not avaliable next Tuesday but if they don't get a Cup for filming i'd be quite happy to lend her another time. It's not like she's not getting on track this year anyway.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member

wouldnt suprise me if he first went to renaultsport.co.uk forum and then came to us. I dont understand how someone else can track your "pride and joy" and not get a goody bag/tickets or somthing or even some super duper vip tickets to renault world series. How is someone going to gain from just "exposure."

Status
Not open for further replies.