ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5th Gear looking for a 182 Clio Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
The TV-series 5th Gear on Channel Five is looking for a 182 Clio Cup for filming next Tuesday, June 2nd.
The filming will be at Millbrook, http://www.millbrook.co.uk/.

What we’re going to do is that we want to drive the car hard for a couple of laps at the track to show what it’s good for. If the tires are worn down we will replace them, and of course we will repair any mechanical failures as well, if it should occurs.
However, we’ve done this many times before, and never damaged anything yet, and we’re only going to do a couple of laps of hard driving, in addition to calmer laps to get all the pictures we need, so we need the car available for filming the whole day.
Except from covering potential expenses, we cannot offer the owner anything else, besides getting the car shown on television.

Are there any 182 Cup-owners out there who are willing to lend us their car for one day? Please contact me as soon as possible at erik.hellum(a)northonetv.com

Thanks,

Erik Hellum
Researcher
5th Gear

Trophy #267
from all reports the 200cup is more more akin to the 172 cup than 182 tbh, assuming it is a 200 cup they are reviewing

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Ah right, would be intresting to do a Renault Sport test with the Williams right through to the new 200 to see how times compared them all.

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
You can have my 172 Cup :) It can be standard.

As others have said - a real comparison would be against the 172 Cup tbh

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
182cup is more similar to the 200cup. Not massive weight loss, all driver aids included. The 172cup is a different beast IMO.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'm looking forward to 5th gear preferring the 200cup. Then all the people that normally rubbish the show to start saying they are spot on ;).

200 cup vs 182 cup makes sense.
I think the Trophy and 172 Cup were more like special end of model series limited editions. We haven't seen something like that from Renault for the MK3 yet.

Titanium 182
200 cup vs 182 cup makes sense.
I think the Trophy and 172 Cup were more like special end of model series limited editions. We haven't seen something like that from Renault for the MK3 yet.

Whats the R27 then ?

But I agree 182 up makes sense even if it really makes no difference if they use a FF...

Peddled device
I've e-mithered them...but need to confirm l can have next week off.

Just imagine Plato saying " These are feisty little cars...but the steering wheel looks like it's melted!"

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've e-mithered them...but need to confirm l can have next week off.

Just imagine Plato saying " These are feisty little cars...but the steering wheel looks like it's melted!"
182cups don't have the rubber grips, shouldn't melt?

Peddled device
I've been told they have a car but will confirm later if they need mine....and if l get next week off work too.

I remember that Tiff prefered the CTR to the 182 a few years ago and thought he wasn't too impressed.That said he does love the CTR.

Those FF182's are just soooo damn heavy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.