ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3D TVs

Was in Harrods yesterday and tried the samsung 8000 46" 3d and the Sony (have a Sony at the mo and it's very good).

Both had good 3d but the samsung glasses were much nicer to wear over my normal glasses. The Sony were too heavy.

So I think I might just go for one of these 46" 8000 series samsung led, the 3d was stunning and I want to try 3d gaming with cod, plus I subscribe to sky world so will get the 3d channel free. Annoyingly I just missed the £200 cashback though.

Good choice, when I had a demo on a Sony set, I thought the glasses were heavier too, the samsung ones fit well.

Although the Panasonic ones are probably the nicest ones I've tried.

Oh and COD in 3D is going to be full of win IMO, can't wait.

Tesla MP3 2021
Got Avatar ready to roll tonight, cant wait to watch that, apparently it is EPIC in 3D!

Got my tv on Friday.

So far I've tried black ops (amazing on the Xbox), A Christmas Carol full 3D (very clear 3D, the snow falling is great) and upscaled some standard TV channels (not bad).

Overall, the true 3D stuff is really impressive, and the 2D to 3D isn't bad, but I won't be using that often.

Tesla MP3 2021
Avatar in 3D is the way to go. Best film I've watched so far :)

I agree with you on the 2D>3D, its good but its certainly not amazing.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I watched the boxing in 3D last night on a panasonic plasma, was very good but my eyes did start ro hurt after about 30 mins.

Tesla MP3 2021
Its something you do get use to. I was like that a first but managed to watch Avatar all the way through with no issues.

Mito Sportiva 135
Does COD in 3D feel like a new experience / improve your performance, or is it just a nice little bonus?

Does COD in 3D feel like a new experience / improve your performance, or is it just a nice little bonus?

I think it looks amazing in 3D on the Xbox, SP is better than MP.

I'm currently running the tv in on low settings so I'm not getting the full glory yet. But in a weeks time I should be ready to go.

I did watch a trailer last night of Despicable me, Wow, looked great.

I'll be getting a few more movies later this week :)

Did you have to change the resolution down to 720p on the 360 when in 3D?

Yeah you do and it needs to be HDMI. Not tried it yet!

Well, mine is set to 1080p from the last TV set up, and I've not changed it. Works fine in 1080p 3D.

I saw the COD message telling me to choose 720p, but never bothered. I'll try 720p tonight, see if it looks any different.

Tesla MP3 2021
Well, mine is set to 1080p from the last TV set up, and I've not changed it. Works fine in 1080p 3D.

I saw the COD message telling me to choose 720p, but never bothered. I'll try 720p tonight, see if it looks any different.

Yeah I just read somewhere that it had to be in 720p.

Tesla MP3 2021
Got The Hole 3D ready to watch aswell, filled in 3D its meant to be one of the best.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
3D tvs are s**t tbh, even the 2500 pound one the guy demonstrated for us in the shop was blurry and annoying

Tesla MP3 2021
3D tvs are s**t tbh, even the 2500 pound one the guy demonstrated for us in the shop was blurry and annoying

Well you must have a problem with your eyes then as I have been using my 3D TV for several weeks now with varying content and its brilliant.

So you can take your "3D TVs are s**t" comment and go and watch your 14" portable TV, enjoy! :rasp:

Well you must have a problem with your eyes then as I have been using my 3D TV for several weeks now with varying content and its brilliant.

So you can take your "3D TVs are s**t" comment and go and watch your 14" portable TV, enjoy! :rasp:

+1

I love mine, the 3D content I've seen has been amazing. Far better than the cinema 3D.

Adam, have you seen any of the 'MJ: This is it' footage? The Earth song movie clip is incredible!

What's the best 3D clip you've seen?

Tesla MP3 2021
No I havent mate, might get it and wack it on a disc.

Probably the best so far has to be Avatar, simply stunning in 3D.

The content at the moment is flying out :)

Audi S1
I need to take another look at that place Adam. Good find :)

I only downloaded a teaser... but now I'm off work till this snow goes I might as well watch some 3D films:)

No I havent mate, might get it and wack it on a disc.

Probably the best so far has to be Avatar, simply stunning in 3D.

The content at the moment is flying out :)

Ah nice one, I've got Avatar now, but not seen it yet.

I sorted my HDD issue, ended up buying a new one with AC power (the first one was USB power and it kept overloading) works a treat :D

I need to take another look at that place Adam. Good find :)

I only downloaded a teaser... but now I'm off work till this snow goes I might as well watch some 3D films:)

It's worth doing, I've got about 60gb worth from there, and a 1TB external HDD to fill.

CJ - so how are you playing your content now?

External HDD via USB, and only using SBS stuff.

Download straight to the HDD (£47 from Comet for 1TB), plug into the TV and away I go (use the TV remote to control the HDD content)

Tesla MP3 2021
Sweet, just looking at alternatives from having to burn each movie/disc.

Whats the quality like from the SBS files?

Well, I can't compare as I've not tried ISO.

If you've got a small USB stick, try that (I did the MJ ones on a 4GB stick first) - I'd be interested to hear what you think, as then you'd have tried both.

Tesla MP3 2021
The 3D side of it was spot on I thought but the actual film is f**king shocking lol, what was that Jester/Clown thing all about lol.