ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3D TVs

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
Oh really? didn't know you could calibrate a television LOL!

Prefer the more cinematic approach but horses for courses.

Plasma is dull in comparison, but imo, Plasma is more natural.

I've got a Plasma and LCD, and I prefer watching the Plasma.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i never said that though.

i saw lg plasmas in currys.

my mate has a 7 series samsung job, it's nice. My other mate has a sony 3d LED whichi played wipeout 3d on the other day, as i said not for me.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I find my Plasma a lot nicer to view for long periods than my other LCD.

Tesla MP3 2021
Cool, what make you go for Adam?

I went for the Samsung PS50C6900 which is a 50" Plasma, the set is amazing :)

Lucky sod!

I'm still awaiting a delivery phone call :(

Get some pics up :)

Gutted, yeah will do tomorrow, Ive got a headache after setting it all up, had to setup the new Onkyo aswell!

Sky 3D is awesome as well. The Tottenham game was on from last night and football in 3D is just amazing.

MY10 R35 GTR
with these teles do you need to have glasses all the time to watch the 3d? surely not?

yep sadly, they are developing 3D with no glasses but at this point it means that the viewing angle is going to be really small

Bumder With A Buffer
Hmm 3d TV's...Cant say id be wanting to sit there with a set of glasses on to watch stuff..Think it would get on my nerves!

I only recently bought (well last christmas) my first non CRT tv :eek: (considering the electronic geek I am thats quite bad I think)..I was playing MW2 via Scart on a 28" CRT :) Yeah

I went for plasma

http://www.electronicworldtv.co.uk/42_Samsung_PS42B450B_HD_Ready_Digital_Freeview_Plasma_TV_515_d

And TBH apart from the first one going back within 1 week due to a fault its been spot on. IF and when it breaks in the next few months (Samsung have a habit of breaking just out of warranty) I may well look into 3D stuff though.

CJ and those that have one whats the normal picture quality like onthem?? Without 3D??

Dunno about anyone else but when i've gone to the cinema to watch 3D stuff recently I wasn't overly impressed..I think thats my reason behind not being excited about 3d tv's??

Bring back the good ol days of the Green and red glasses :cool:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
HDunno about anyone else but when i've gone to the cinema to watch 3D stuff recently I wasn't overly impressed..I think thats my reason behind not being excited about 3d tv's??

I agree. I've seen stuff in the cinema and watched golf in 3D as well, and I just don't think it's jizz your pants awesome.

As I've said before, the new 3D tv is better than my current one.

I'm sticking with 50", 1080p, but gaining better HD quality, SD quality and 3D.

My 3D will be used 80% of the time for gaming (I sit with a headset on anyway) and the odd bluray.

MY10 R35 GTR
As I've said before, the new 3D tv is better than my current one.

I'm sticking with 50", 1080p, but gaining better HD quality, SD quality and 3D.

My 3D will be used 80% of the time for gaming (I sit with a headset on anyway) and the odd bluray.

any links for the tv you got mate?

I think a lot of the trouble with AV Forums and the general reviews is that if you listen to them all, you'll never buy anything.

They're good for a bit of basic advice to weed out the completely useless sets, but if you read too much into all of them you'll just keep waiting and waiting.

My tv which is over 3 years old now has served me fine, never had any problems with it. When I was first looking it was heavily criticised for poor sound which I can't say is something that I've ever noticed. But people see a £5k Pioneer set and then when they come down to the £1k level, they don't adjust their expectations.

I want that Sony one that is slightly tilted..

sony-bravia-nx800.jpg

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
I think a lot of the trouble with AV Forums and the general reviews is that if you listen to them all, you'll never buy anything.

They're good for a bit of basic advice to weed out the completely useless sets, but if you read too much into all of them you'll just keep waiting and waiting.

My tv which is over 3 years old now has served me fine, never had any problems with it. When I was first looking it was heavily criticised for poor sound which I can't say is something that I've ever noticed. But people see a £5k Pioneer set and then when they come down to the £1k level, they don't adjust their expectations.

I want that Sony one that is slightly tilted..

sony-bravia-nx800.jpg

Hey i have that, with the funky stand. Not 3d though. Good set i guess.

They've all got issues.

I'm a Samsung fan myself, had 3 already, love their style and their screens are fine for me.

Pioneers look the nuts, but I couldn't justify to buy one at 2-3 times the price of the average sets.

Lee

BMW M2C
They've all got issues.

I'm a Samsung fan myself, had 3 already, love their style and their screens are fine for me.

Pioneers look the nuts, but I couldn't justify to buy one at 2-3 times the price of the average sets.

Pioneer have dropped out of the screen business. Panasonic use some of their Kuro tech in their latest screens though.

I was thinking of getting a 3D TV, with some of my bonus. I looked at the 50" Panasonic posted by David. My old man called me ealier saying that since they've had the house decorated, carpets and new furniture mom didn't want a crappy old CRT in the lounge. He was only looking at the same screen, until I pointed out it was 50". He's going for a 42" now instead.

I'll be replacing my Panasonic plasma with another Panasonic for sure. The Samsung LCD in my bedroom just wouldn't cut it in the lounge.

Clio 172 Cup
Watched a 65" Panasonic 3D LED TV today in Currys, Friggin' Massive and looked good.

But my eyes really hurt after I took the glasses off. Bloke said the more you watch it, the less I would be affected.

Still going to be waiting before I purchase into the 3D world.

MY10 R35 GTR
went to the sony centre and has a look at there 55" 3D offering ( you can claim the vat back up until xmas) and was very impressd. The internet tv looks good aswell, same os as the ps3.

I then went back to currys and had a looks at the Full LED 3D 55" LG tv and again it still impresses me. But would have to say the LG wins JUST, mainly because of its sleaker looks

Tesla MP3 2021
Was watching some Planets program earlier on the Sky 3D channel and I was very impressed TBH, a lot of people have said they have never got the "wow factor" when watching 3D TV/Films but I totally disagree.

Its a lot better watching something in 3D in your own front room than in a Cinema aswell, imo.

Im going to see a samsung 46 inch LED 3D set tomorrow in comet, £1299. Seen it tonight but never got to get a good look around it since the store was about to close. Comes with the same deal CJ got, of 3 sets of active glasses, a samsung 3d bluray player and 4 3d bluray discs.

MY10 R35 GTR
Ive ready to many threads about ppl buying samsung and having problems with it.

Sony or LG for me. Just not sure to go for 55 0r 47"

dk

911 GTS Cab
Was in Harrods yesterday and tried the samsung 8000 46" 3d and the Sony (have a Sony at the mo and it's very good).

Both had good 3d but the samsung glasses were much nicer to wear over my normal glasses. The Sony were too heavy.

So I think I might just go for one of these 46" 8000 series samsung led, the 3d was stunning and I want to try 3d gaming with cod, plus I subscribe to sky world so will get the 3d channel free. Annoyingly I just missed the £200 cashback though.