ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

335i - Akrapovič

An orange one
Sounds amazing, if a little "enhanced" for the advertisement!

bodes well for the M135i system ththey are developing, although surely this will be circa £2500 at least?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I just don't get these exhausts. The 200 system is the same. Just sounds too normal for me.

It's not so much noise. It's the noise vs cost. They literally don't excite me in anyway shape or form.

I'm all for a quality product but not if it's not going to give me something it was built to do, noise. All imo of course.

S4 Avant
Agree with you there Gally.

Millteks have never really excited me either. The only system milltek do that I think "wow that sounds awesome", is the Mk4 R32.

A lot of cost for something that sounds boomy and unimpressive.

Clio 200
i had the Akrapovic on my 200 for over 2 years and its awesome

I hated my car when i took it off

Yes its expesive but people pay for what they like

For example i dont get why people spend thousands on watches when my £100 nixon does just the same job. HOWEVER its how it makes them feel so each to their own

Id much rather spank £1200 on an exhaust than £1200 on alcohol

:)

Suzuki Jimny
Because not everyone wants a mentally loud exhaust, the akrapovic one is a nice noise and doesn't sound like a chavs 1.2 corsa.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
i had the Akrapovic on my 200 for over 2 years and its awesome

I hated my car when i took it off

Yes its expesive but people pay for what they like

For example i dont get why people spend thousands on watches when my £100 nixon does just the same job. HOWEVER its how it makes them feel so each to their own

Id much rather spank £1200 on an exhaust than £1200 on alcohol

:)

Congratulations, you've just used the worst comparison i've ever seen.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Because not everyone wants a mentally loud exhaust, the akrapovic one is a nice noise and doesn't sound like a chavs 1.2 corsa.

I'm sorry that's pants. You don't pay 2k for an exhaust because you're saving 1kg.

It's not a nice noise, it's just a noise. CJ's 335 as standard sounds great. That doesn't sound like a 2k system and i'd be gutted to pay 2k and it sound like that.

Suzuki Jimny
I'm sorry that's pants. You don't pay 2k for an exhaust because you're saving 1kg.

It's not a nice noise, it's just a noise. CJ's 335 as standard sounds great. That doesn't sound like a 2k system and i'd be gutted to pay 2k and it sound like that.

I was talking about the clio version.

My Cup sounds like that. Mainly because there's a split in the weld near the cat. Was going to get it welded, but I might just leave it and say I've spent thousands on an exhaust.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I must be getting old.Why would you buy a nice four door family car like that bmw and then turn it into a chav's wet dream.I can understand them on some cars but not that.

340i
Only 1kg lighter than the OE system.. That means the standard system is very good or the Akrapovic isn't the best it could be?

M135i
​On the whole cost thing, any ideas on whether the Akrapovic exhausts hold their value better than most?

I remember people thought I was mental when I spunked £850 on a GruppeM induction kit for my old FD2, but given someone offered me £800 to buy it off me when I was selling the car, it actually cost less than a cheaper unit would have.

Not saying they can as I have genuinely no idea, but if the Akrapovics can hold their value similarly, surely the price of them isn't that crazy?

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Sounds shite in my opinion. People who spend that kind of money on 7hp and 1 less kg are the type who would be over the moon with a brand new boxed air guitar. Each to their own though as we've all wasted money in one form or another so who am i to judge.

On a side note, is it me or do pretty much all BM's sound dull and boring these days. Next door but one has a brand new M5 and he's not scared off hooning it from time to time. He passed me the other day and the noise coming from it shouldnt be coming from a car with a genuine M badge on the boot. Got talking to him the other morning and he says its a great car but its the only thing he is not happy with and leaves him really dissapointed after a spirited drive.

Minus the wastegate rattle :eek:

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
All that editing etc and at the end they put 'best materials'! Sounds like what would be written on a chinese copy FFS.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds s**te in my opinion. People who spend that kind of money on 7hp and 1 less kg are the type who would be over the moon with a brand new boxed air guitar. Each to their own though as we've all wasted money in one form or another so who am i to judge.

On a side note, is it me or do pretty much all BM's sound dull and boring these days. Next door but one has a brand new M5 and he's not scared off hooning it from time to time. He passed me the other day and the noise coming from it shouldnt be coming from a car with a genuine M badge on the boot. Got talking to him the other morning and he says its a great car but its the only thing he is not happy with and leaves him really dissapointed after a spirited drive.

Maybe, but I was grinning like an idiot when some bloke in a new M5 nailed it past me last week. I'm pretty confident that it was an aftermarket exhaust - or if it isn't, BMW have just become audio making gods imo.

​D.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I just don't get these exhausts. The 200 system is the same. Just sounds too normal for me.

It's not so much noise. It's the noise vs cost. They literally don't excite me in anyway shape or form.

I'm all for a quality product but not if it's not going to give me something it was built to do, noise. All imo of course.

+1.

Hugely expensive, don't look great and above all else sounds average. My OEM mod sounds considerably better @ £180 than a 2k Akra.