ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much to sort this paintwork out , do you reckon?

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182
It would cost me £1,500 - £1,800 for a full respray, which is what it needs. I’m in the trade though, so you’d be looking at least another £500-£1,000 more.
That's not bad, does that include all the prep work as well? I always assumed a respray would be lots more than that

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not bad, does that include all the prep work as well? I always assumed a respray would be lots more than that
Yeah that would be polished and cleaned ready to go. It would cost somebody who didn’t work in a garage more.

Had my RB done last year. Bonnet, 2 wings, front bumper, passenger door into rear quarter plus the 2 side skirts and it was £900 complete.

Subsequently my wife’s Tucson got a scrape down the rear quarter about 4 inches. Slight dent. Had it painted and prepared under insurance for £1,967.

Markup on retail/insurance jobs is mental. If a Bodyshop is busy, which they usually always are, they charge what the hell they want.

Last edited:

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I’ve sent a few questions off but it’s a long shot. I just have to accept that a decent Cup/182 is going to cost around £6k at least.
if it’s not rotten underneath and only needs the paint doing, couldn’t you just do it over time? Just get the important mechanical stuff done first. My first BG took me 4 years to get it up to a decent level, I just enjoyed the car during the process.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would cost me £1,500 - £1,800 for a full respray, which is what it needs. I’m in the trade though, so you’d be looking at least another £500-£1,000 more.

What he said.

I have mates that do mine. Whole front end is about 3-400£ to me so I'd say retail you're looking at 5-600+ for the bonnet and roof alone.

Funnily enough mines going in tomorrow for the bonnet and bumper