ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

300bhp N/A

big boost cup
Isn't it sodemo that builds the mental N/A engines. But have it in my head that they were a similar price to a house

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Most I've seen from an NA F4R.

The most powerful yet very very reliable N/A F4R engine!

Immense piece of kit imo!

But it is engineering genius also and I know Nik has spent and awful lot of time and money developing this kit to be just that.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Thing is if you don't spend the outlay and buy the PMS engine you can build your own then it goes pop then you can build another and it goes pop again and by the time it all goes round your at the same price as the PMS engine and they have been proven to be reliable with an entire season of racing and only oil changes needed lol

Thing is if you don't spend the outlay and buy the PMS engine you can build your own then it goes pop then you can build another and it goes pop again and by the time it all goes round your at the same price as the PMS engine and they have been proven to be reliable with an entire season of racing and only oil changes needed lol
Do they have a blog or something you can point me at? I didn't think they did racing.
The PMS and Ashford engines only revved to around 8k IIRC. To go over 8k with that valve train kit you'll need custom crank and rods too to reduce the piston speeds to something manageable.
The Ashford one

Clio 182 Cup
Cost/Power/Reliability - You may pick only two. Seems quite fitting for this thread. :)

Amazing bit of kit though, I'd imagine they're very fun on track probably not so much off of it. Although for OP, take your budget and double/triple to do it right.

What are the differences between the the 197 and 1*2 engine. Apart from the obvious inlet manifold.

Both being an F4R do they share internals? I know the 197 crank is lighter, but that's all I know.

Clio 182 Cup
What are the differences between the the 197 and 1*2 engine. Apart from the obvious inlet manifold.

Both being an F4R do they share internals? I know the 197 crank is lighter, but that's all I know.

I know 197 cams use a different profile, people use them as a mild upgrade for the 1*2's. I'm sure others will chime in, but it's not many as they're almost the same.

Edit - Quite a bit of useful info in this thread - http://www.cliosport.net/threads/engine-differences-172-182-197-200.673220/

Last edited:
197 head won't make a massive difference though.
Typical expectations for 1*2 sub 8k rpm from memory:
ITB - 190-200
ITB+421cams - 205-215
ITB+high comp pistons+422/423 cams+headwork - 225-240
More than that will require big expense.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
300bhp NA... I'd be crying into my wallet. A very, VERY empty wallet. And at the feet of my bank manager and various debt collectors. But it would be awesome :)

Listerine & Poledo
Be cheaper to buy an NSX and stuff the engine into a V6 Clio....

....that might even work actually..... @cat171 I need your car.....and an NSX, and The Unit for several weeks....

...and some idea of how mechanical things work

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
How close to the motors limit though? i.e. on the verge of going bang all the time?
Maybe easiest and cheapest setup would be 2 GSRX1000 engines mounted where the back seat is?
http://www.tigerracing.com/z100.php, just as idea of the engine setup.... I bet you could pick both motors up for less than 5k, obviously they would need mounting and setting up, but I am sure there are people on here who could do it...... they would be approx. 160bhp each, so comfortably over 300bhp..... and they would be the 2ltr bracket......:tongueout:, and with a decent map and exhaust those motors would be putting out over 180bhp each.....

Edit :-
Already been done, sorry I didn't know....
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/twin-engined-fireblade-renault-clio.681609/

Last edited:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
197 head won't make a massive difference though.
Typical expectations for 1*2 sub 8k rpm from memory:
ITB - 190-200
ITB+421cams - 205-215
ITB+high comp pistons+422/423 cams+headwork - 225-240
More than that will require big expense.
Mine will be standard 197 inlet (just ported) ported 197 head, cams and high comp for a net result of around 230hp. Max rpm 8k unless I change to maxi evo spec top end and steel rods and crank.
It is doable for not a lot of cash as well. You've just got to be prepared to hold out for the stuff to come available.

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
What the most power one can hope to achieve with the stock throttle body , but everything else maximized on the engine, internals and head work and cams etc??

Clio 182, Clio 172
What the most power one can hope to achieve with the stock throttle body , but everything else maximized on the engine, internals and head work and cams etc??
Veritec Competition (French) are offering some engine kits
http://www.veritec-competition.com/category.php?id_category=168

for example the 225hp (without the itb's) includes (google translate from french):
- 1 specific pair of camshafts ( for mechanical buttons)
- 1 set of 16 mechanical buttons with shims to correct
- 1 set of 16 reinforced valve springs
- 1 complete set of forged pistons with pins, clips and segments
- 1 set of ARP reinforced connecting rods screw
- 1 set of 8 half shells tri- metal connecting rods (with or without tabs , specify)

so basically you could "tune" your engine pretty much before removing the original throttle body and standard inlet.

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Veritec Competition (French) are offering some engine kits
http://www.veritec-competition.com/category.php?id_category=168

for example the 225hp (without the itb's) includes (google translate from french):
- 1 specific pair of camshafts ( for mechanical buttons)
- 1 set of 16 mechanical buttons with shims to correct
- 1 set of 16 reinforced valve springs
- 1 complete set of forged pistons with pins, clips and segments
- 1 set of ARP reinforced connecting rods screw
- 1 set of 8 half shells tri- metal connecting rods (with or without tabs , specify)

so basically you could "tune" your engine pretty much before removing the original throttle body and standard inlet.
Thats not too bad..
Looking for someone local to do it though, but 225-230bhp at the engine for high comp pistons, balanced, blueprinted, cams, head work, ported inlets, and an OE throttle body.