ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 new HTC handsets announced

Diesel Barge
Grrr, can't wait to get a Desire, but contract isnt up till december, is it worth lowering my existing contract to like 20 quid(currently paying £45) then getting a cheap desire contract?

placed an order for 2 desires three weeks ago with vodafone and keep getting told sorry still out of stock due to volcano and cant give you a date,anyone on here work for voda that can confirm this,cheers........

182 Trophy (216/500)
just ordered a Desire from Voda, said they were getting a delivery today and i would find out tomorrow if mine will be delivered next week. Had a good play with one in a shop and was very impressed.
18month contract, phone free, £35 a month, 600mins, unlimited text, unlimited internet (500mb fair usage). Even got a bluetooth headset thrown in and 4g memory card.
Pretty happy with that.

Audi TT
It comes with a free 4Gb memory card afaik mate. Mine certainly did with Orange. I slapped my 8Gb out my blackberry in it anyways.

My mrs has one now on Orange and although she couldn't get as good a deal as me she's pretty happy with it. She has been showing it off to everyone at work and failing to mention that it was me who told her to get it and showed her how to use it and put all the apps on it. Cheeky bint! :p

Citroen DS3 DSport
I finally got to play with a Desire while in Berlin over the weekend and I was very impressed. The screen quality was excellent and the OS ran at a healthy rate too.

Diesel Barge

nice one, just need to see if voda will lower my monthly cost.

Question for anyone with an android phone. I've currently got a blackberry bold and i love the way the notifications work, you get a gtalk message, bbm message, msn message etc etc, they all show on the home screen and i can quickly view a message stream of everything on my phone. Does android do something similar, i.e. you leave the apps open and you get notifications on the home screen of updates?

Nissan 370Z
Has anyone got the desire recently, ordered mine 10days ago, but they were having supplier issues.
Thanks

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
nice one, just need to see if voda will lower my monthly cost.

Question for anyone with an android phone. I've currently got a blackberry bold and i love the way the notifications work, you get a gtalk message, bbm message, msn message etc etc, they all show on the home screen and i can quickly view a message stream of everything on my phone. Does android do something similar, i.e. you leave the apps open and you get notifications on the home screen of updates?

Yeah, you get a drop down at the top of the screen for everything, reminders, messages etc etc

Mobile phones direct have royally f**ked me up! Ordered a Desire on Vodafone and when it arrived the signal in my flat is poor so returned it the next day.

Since then, they have 'forgot' to cancel the contract and vodafone are now chasing me money, which I am going to have to pay before it f**ks up my credit rating.

7 emails, 5 phone calls and 2 special delivery letters later, still not sorted!

Nissan 370Z
HTC finally arrived!
IS it hard to download apps etc?
What do you guys think are the best ones for the desire?

Diesel Barge
Rnag voda up last night see if they would reduce my contract down, you can only do it by £5 a month, but turns out they can nock £10 off and still give me unlimited txts and 100 more minutes, glad a rang up now.

Still debating whether to take that tmobile deal out and have 2 contracts till december :S

Nissan 370Z
Ah ok.
I got a message from someone that i know and there name came up as i have them on facebook..however when i click on contacts there not saved...anyway of doing this?

Nissan 370Z
found nexus.

To create a scene..are you best of doing from scratch to make it exactly as you want?

Last edited:

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone got anything bad to say about this phone after having it a few weeks now?

What battery life like?

Also have the most of you taken 24 month contracts?

Last edited:
  soon to be 172
im with orange and i drop 3g connection like no tomrrow.

Literally 15 minutes out of the hour ill have no 3g coverage. Spoke to orange 3 times with no joy.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Battery is pants, but switch off auto syncing for all the unimportant apps(weather etc), also get task killer form store and kill crappy apps!!

Revels Mum & Sister
No complaints. As Riz said use a task killer. I get anywhere between 30-40 hours use before a charge is needed with fairy regular use.

On Orange here and no Signal issues.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
im with orange and i drop 3g connection like no tomrrow.

Literally 15 minutes out of the hour ill have no 3g coverage. Spoke to orange 3 times with no joy.

I sent mine back from Orange, it was awful for signal :( Just awaiting them to come in on o2 now :(

Revels Mum & Sister
Anybody any idea of when/if the htc incredible is coming over here?

Sadly it is US only however the only differences are that the Incredible has a 8mp camera and the Desire has a 5MP. The desire also has slightly more RAM.

182FF with cup packs
Anybody any idea of when/if the htc incredible is coming over here?

Never, unless they actually make a GSM version.

The HTC Incredible is a CDMA2000 phone and will not work on GSM systems, and there are virtually no CDMA2000 networks in Europe, they are all in Asia and the US.

Also, I suspect that it is a one carrier phone, as I don't think you can buy just the handset, as technically is is a Verizon Droid Incredible and not a HTC Incredible, as HTC don't even list it on their own site.

Having said that, there will likely be an equivalent out at some point (i.e. Android, AMOLED, 8MP cam, Snap Dragon processor).

The Evo 4G (with its HDMI out) is a CDMA2000/WiMax phone as well, so that one's no good either :mad:

Revels Mum & Sister
Having said that, there will likely be an equivalent out at some point (i.e. Android, AMOLED, 8MP cam, Snap Dragon processor).

The Evo 4G (with its HDMI out) is a CDMA2000/WiMax phone as well, so that one's no good either :mad:

That is the Desire minus the 8mp camera which is not a biggy

Would be nice to have HDMI out. HOWEVER I do not think I would use it much!

Diesel Barge
Sadly it is US only however the only differences are that the Incredible has a 8mp camera and the Desire has a 5MP. The desire also has slightly more RAM.

Never, unless they actually make a GSM version.

The HTC Incredible is a CDMA2000 phone and will not work on GSM systems, and there are virtually no CDMA2000 networks in Europe, they are all in Asia and the US.

Also, I suspect that it is a one carrier phone, as I don't think you can buy just the handset, as technically is is a Verizon Droid Incredible and not a HTC Incredible, as HTC don't even list it on their own site.

Ah right cheers, just didnt want to jump in with a desire only for the incredible to come out in a month or two, even if it does or one similar i can live with 3 less megapixels.

182FF with cup packs
Ah right cheers, just didnt want to jump in with a desire only for the incredible to come out in a month or two, even if it does or one similar i can live with 3 less megapixels.

This is a decent review of the Incredible camera comparing it to the Nexus One's camera.

It would appear that the megapixel difference doesn't make any difference in the quality.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
This is a decent review of the Incredible camera comparing it to the Nexus One's camera.

It would appear that the megapixel difference doesn't make any difference in the quality.

TBH your average Joe doesn't realise thats its not about how many Mega Pixels, the quality of the lens is more important.