ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 new HTC handsets announced

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
I have found a few deals with "unlimited internet" but it is actually 500MB. I have no idea how much this is though! Anyone wish to advise me if this would last a whole month with browsing everyday?

Ollie's Silver Cup
My 18 month iPhone contract is up in the next month, so currently deciding on what to do. Thinking of going HTC Desire :)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Got my desire today after 18 months with the iphone.

Love it would recommend to anyone thinking of switching from the iphone.

Bold statement.....

So i take it the Desire is good then?

Clio 182
500mb is plenty on a phone! I cane mine and never go over about 200mb :)

The Desire is a super nice handset. Alot of people are converting from iPhone to Desire atm. Very popular...

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
The desire is a great handset, was using one over the weekend. web browsing with flash is nice.

Audi TT
Well it's make my mind up time and I'm going to stick with my Desire rather than go back to my BB Bold.

My mrs has seen mine and has ordered one from Orange but the best deal she could get from them was a 2yr contract 300 mins, unlim internet and data and insurance for £28.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Having had my Desire for a few days, I was still carrying my iPhone 3G around too. As much as I liked the Desire i just found myself going back to the iPhone every time. I don't know why but it just felt a little more natural to use and I was having a little trouble with the Desire onscreen keyboard (fingers maybe too big!)

So I've sent it back, don't get me wrong it's a great phone and Android with the HTC Sense is right up there with Apples OS (well slightly better) but unfortunately if I can't text/e-mail easily it's not the phone for me.

Ollie's Silver Cup
I've had my desire for almost a week now and really liking it! :D

I was a little apprehensive going away from the iPhone after having it for 18 months, but the desire is very impressive :) Happy I went for it tbh!

I can do everything I did on my iPhone, plus other useful things too! and the interface is spot on!

The android market is behind the apple app store at the moment imo, but more and more is being added all the time

SLK 350
The day Apple support Drag n Drop is the day I'll stop considering any other phone. iTunes does annoy me, or rather the need for iTunes pishes me off royally.

For now, I'll wait for the next major leap in handsets, be it the next HTC or iPhone.

SLK 350
Why the hell anybody in their right mind would consider signing a contract with those AID's ridden Cowboys from India I have no idea. Never have I been so fking angry at a lack of service, you may as well pish up a wall if anything goes wrong with them... scum.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Got one of these this morning and think it's brilliant, I like being able to customise the home screen/background with all the apps and widgets I use. Seems really good. Got it on Orange with 600mins unlimited texts and internet for £35 a month with 7 months free which suited me nicely.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
Just got a Desire at the weekend, cracking bit of kit. Got mine through Virgin, £25 a month for 600 mins, 3000 texts and unlimited web access. I only pay £12.50 a month though as I work for Virgin group.

Audi TT
What's the benefit of rooting it?!? Can't see what the fuss is about myself as this does everything I need it to already.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Just got a Desire at the weekend, cracking bit of kit. Got mine through Virgin, £25 a month for 600 mins, 3000 texts and unlimited web access. I only pay £12.50 a month though as I work for Virgin group.

What is their signal like? Whos network do they use?

Did you pay £100 for the handset?

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I got my Desire yesturday and coming from a Samsung Jet, its really good imho. I traded in my Jet (got £71) and paid £338, which I didn't think was too bad - could have got more selling it privately, but hay never mind lol.

Revels Mum & Sister
What's the benefit of rooting it?!? Can't see what the fuss is about myself as this does everything I need it to already.

http://android.modaco.com/category/430/htc-desire-desire-modaco-com/

Read there. For me the main draw is Apps2sd to allow you to store Apps on the SD card rather than the Internal memory which runs out quickly.

Also allows heavy customisation, more so than stock ROM's allow out the box.

I am still loving my Desire. I miss a couple of iphone apps but for me the Desire is a better device for what I want/like in a handset.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Jet is horrendous. Nobody would have bought it.

Tell me about it lol. I bought the Jet in January and hated ever since. It used to crash all the time when using WiFI. Just glad I got the Desire :).