ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 new HTC handsets announced

Citroen DS3 DSport
HTC HD Mini, Legend and Desire

mwc201020100216715.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/16/live-from-htcs-mwc-2010-press-event/

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Shame it has "inconsistant" android on it.

Sense is nice, but its hardly and iphone rival.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The WP7 handsets will probably have similar styling which could make them a attractive option.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
See the legend is that the one that curves out at the bottom?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I could have sworn I seen suzi perry with one of these on the gadget show last night was white tho, was trying to find out what it was.

Diesel Barge
Think i'm definitely going to be migrating from my crapberry to htc when my contracts up.

Clio 1.2 Grande (2001)
Shame it has "inconsistant" android on it.

Sense is nice, but its hardly and iphone rival.

What? :eek:

Have you even used Sense? I've got the HD2 and it's brilliant. With a couple of simple tweaks it knocks the socks of the iPhone. :rasp:

Discuss...

Diesel Barge
I have a berry and that leg - end looks lush!

What berry do you have? I got the bold bout a year ago and thought it was the bees knees, but all the other phone manufactures seem to have caught up with all the nice stuff blackberrys do, i.e. the im, chat and emails.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I have the bold, it's stil kept up with the little bits and bobs that I like, I don't use a phone for im and chat only emails and my bookmarks are simple to access staright onto web pages. I still love it.

Went away for a week to fix the screen and I realised how good it was when I go it back. You'll only like blackberry's if you like them, they are very marmite imo.

Oh and the qwerty keyboard could be very hard to give up.

Diesel Barge
Oh and the qwerty keyboard could be very hard to give up.

Hmmm, thats the only thing thats concerning me with the move from berry to htc, the touchscreen, not sure if i'd get used to it, the qwerty is noice.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I really love my qwerty, so much better than any other qwerty out there at the moment, those little raised edges me no mistakes when typing quickly compared with the curve ect...

I'm not sure how I would get on with the touch screen.

Clio 1.2 Grande (2001)
What berry do you have? I got the bold bout a year ago and thought it was the bees knees, but all the other phone manufactures seem to have caught up with all the nice stuff blackberrys do, i.e. the im, chat and emails.

One thing that changed the way I use my phone was when Google started doing full sync last year. Push Mail, contacts & calendar. It's brilliant and free.

Clio 1.2 Grande (2001)
How do google offer push email?

They offer a Microsoft exchange server that pushes mail out to your phones Activesync 24/7. If you have a data account with your phone provider, you can have all your emails, calendar and contacts sync'd up all the time. i.e. you make a change to your calendar or contacts and it updates your gmail account. Brilliant if there's a chance you'll lose all your settings if you lose the phone or trash it while updating. :cool:

Diesel Barge
They offer a Microsoft exchange server that pushes mail out to your phones Activesync 24/7. If you have a data account with your phone provider, you can have all your emails, calendar and contacts sync'd up all the time. i.e. you make a change to your calendar or contacts and it updates your gmail account. Brilliant if there's a chance you'll lose all your settings if you lose the phone or trash it while updating. :cool:

Schweet, will have to take a look, cheers.

edit: Wondered why i'd never seen the push option, i have a blackberry, so there is no push, but it's already included as part of the BIS service berrys offer. Would have been nice on my N95 tho...

I like the look of the Mini (I like small phones!) and the desire, which as mentioned, looks like a nexus one. Which is grand, seeing as you can only get the nexus through google.

The Mini is just a small version of the HD2 with win 6.5
Desire and legend are both android 2.1

So any news on release date and who is selling what?

Citroen DS3 DSport
The Desire will be released by T-Mobile on 26th March with Orange and with other networks from April onwards. I prefer this to the Nexus One as it uses a optical sensor rather than the roller ball.

The Legend will be released during April from Vodafone.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Vodafone! :)

I need to have a f**king play with that shiz, looks stunning!

Will it be old hat quickly tho? I always worry about that.

Audi Q7, Avalanche
The Desire is simply a repackaged Droid Eris that we have here in the States. I have the Eris and it is a very nice phone to look at, it feels great and its functions are cool too. However, be warned... Battery life is hideous, the screen persistently unlocks itself in your pocket and dials people. It will work with hotmail push services for about 3 days then stop, the only way to make it work is to constantly delete and then reinstall the account. A charge will last less than a day so you need to have a spare charger or car charger with you at all times. The speaker phone is crap but it has wi-fi and lots of other functions which make it a cool phone.

Definitely the best phone i have had in comparison to the iPhone but im hoping some of the bugs will be sorted when it moves up to the latest android platform in the coming months, much like the first generation iPhones.

Clio 1.2 Grande (2001)
Unfortunately, however good the HD2 is (and believe me this phone totally rocks) the HD Mini is a bit under powered. If they're just given it a bit of a better spec it might have been a real catch.

I bet it'll still make quite a good phone though all the same.