ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

225 > 172

172 mk2
currently running 215/40/16 on turinis on me 172, wearing down and wondering if 225's would fit ie 225/40/16 on the fronts.

they're actually cheaper too!!

thoughts..

he certainly got our attention lol

whilst on this topic tho...does any1 know of any1 fitting 215's to 15 inch rims ?

i was thinking of going 205 on my next set. but would 215 be over kill ?

how would it affect the handling and ride ?

Ph1
puncher said:
he certainly got our attention lol

whilst on this topic tho...does any1 know of any1 fitting 215's to 15 inch rims ?

i was thinking of going 205 on my next set. but would 215 be over kill ?

how would it affect the handling and ride ?

Do you mean 215 / 45 15's ??

im not too fussed as to wether its 40's or 45's.

ideally wot im looking for is to fill out the guards. higher profile would probably suit my liking more as it would have a better ride. the bloody things handle awsome anyway. im not going to race it so the handling is suficient enuf.

im trying to achieve a better look without compromising ride quality and obtaining better grip would be a bonus.

i understand that going too high would alter the speedo . which im not too fussed ABOUT. but the insurance companies might be concerned about it. as it would make it technically illegal. a load of s**t really .

but any advice would be appreciated.

Ph1
just edited this cos ive noticed you have a mk2 172 which if running standard rims and tyres would be a 195 / 45 16.

I'd leave them as they are

Last edited:
bro im running 195/50 15.

i will more than likely go for the 205's on the same rim.

having very few clio sports around here in adelaide south oz. test drives are hard to come by. its a real b**ch not knowing wot ur buying.