ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2001 Clio won't start at all

Renault Clio RSi 2001
Hi people, please help me try and find the solution to my infuriating clio. It's a Y reg clio RSi, and hasn't moved off my drive for the past week. I had a struggle starting it up until then on a few occasions, but now it won't start at all. It turns over fine, but there's no life. I changed the coils and spark plugs 3 months ago, just got a new battery, fitted a new (blue) TDC sensor, checked my immobilser, and nothing. Due to the new battery it turns over with gusto but doesn't even hint at wanting to start. What the hell am i doing wrong??? Any help is much appreciated.

172 & LCR
Check its got a spark remove a plug connect ht lead hold to earth (engine)with pliers get someone to turn over (make sure the pliers are insulated or your get a shock) if no spark as above could be bad earth check earth lead from battery to body for bad contact due to corrosion common on clios

Renault Clio RSi 2001
Thanks everyone, and sorry for my late reply. I'm pretty certain my fuel is ok, cos once my car is goin (its starting every now and again now with no probs), its completely fine. I'm going to check the earths over again for bad connections. Are any of the fuses / relay units in the engine bay associated with starting the car?

CB600FS
When you put the new TDC loom in did you solder the wires the right way around?

Take out and clean the relays terminals in the fuse box under the bonnet.

clio sport 172
when you turn over engine does the immob light on dash flash really quick, is so the key is dead and you will need to order a new one from you local renault dealer.