ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fault between starter and battery

Renault Clio
Hi there,

Have a 2008 1.2 litre Renault Clio, been advised there's an electrical fault with the car. Broken connection most likely. Battery light kept going off, fitted new alternator and tried new battery but didn't help, car cut out completely the other day wouldn't start. Does anyone know if this is a straightforward and relatively inexpensive repair?

Clio 197,with megan'
Price will depend on what the actual problem is, it might be a simple earth problem, but until you get a car electrician to check everything, its a bit of an unknown.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
That depends what the car is like otherwise and how much it cost you. Could be an easy fix for and auto electrician so I'd get a quote first.

Renault Clio
I unfortunately paid £1,100 for it but it's a good runner otherwise , good engine on it. An electrician looked at it but couldn't find the fault apparently then took it to another guy that found the fault immediately. I'll ask around for a quote, thanks.