ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2001 Clio DCI 65 Died and wont start again

MK3 Dci & Sinclair c5
as the title says driving on motorway in middle lane 75-80ish and red engine stop light flashes and glow plug light comes on car looses all power so i dip clutch and head for the hard shoulder. Came to a stop and realized the engine isnt running so pop bonnet and have a quick look no signs of belts off and no fluids out of the ordinary so go back to start and car just turns and turns and turns call RAC. RAC bod looks at car trys taking off hard line to one injector to see if fuel is coming through all ok trys taking flywheel sensor out and starting = nothing. He advised me it could ether be the flywheel position sensor or fuel pump any one with any other ideas? car has had a starting problem for a while will sometimes just turn and turn but not fire but turn off the ignition and try again and all is good? any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks mat

just a pick of what lights are on red engine stop light in bottom right flashes

29082007459.jpg

Clio DCi 65
ignition relay,

Take it to renault and pay £70 for the test thing they do,

Happened to mine and it was the ignition relay,

Spent shitloads trying to fix it

M

mini-valver

DONT pay Renault £70 for a CLiP test, get a local garage to come to your house and plug it in. £30 at most. You'll know the fault then and can identify the problem.

Clio DCi 65
i tried that aswell at garage near me...uncles friend and he thought it was the fuel rail sensor and bought that for crap loads and it didnt fix it.

White R26/Stripped Valver
What kind of condition is your key in? A mate had a similar problem turned out to be a worn key, hense the engine turning but not firing.

MK3 Dci & Sinclair c5
had it on the faultcode reader it says cam shaft possition sensor its had a new one put in no joy. also fitted both engine relays and flywheel sensor still no joy

www.renparts.co.uk
What kind of condition is your key in? A mate had a similar problem turned out to be a worn key, hense the engine turning but not firing.

sorry mate, but thats rubbish, the immobiliser could be faulty but if the barrel lets you turn the key, the key itself isn't doing any other job...

Renault Clio 1.5 DCI
Those EGR's are a pain in the arse to change.

ive also had it where the wiring chaffed on the engine going to the egr iirc.

That is not true. The EGR-valve on a Clio 1.5 DCI is very easy to change. I can do it easily and I am not mechanically in any way (computer geek lol :D).

CB600FS
Those EGR's are a pain in the arse to change.

ive also had it where the wiring chaffed on the engine going to the egr iirc.

That is not true. The EGR-valve on a Clio 1.5 DCI is very easy to change. I can do it easily and I am not mechanically in any way (computer geek lol :D).

Think Dans trying to say, try getting one out on a DCI thats done 130k been driven by Miss Daisy, and has never seen 3k rpm, you'll have fun.

"Navy" N17 TWO
had it on the faultcode reader it says cam shaft possition sensor

A really old bump here but it proves the search works! :hail:

Dad's Clio is throwing the glowplug lights on, and the same fault is coming up on the computer.

How do we know for sure if a new sensor will cure it? :S I've read a few people have changed it and still have problems

PS - his Clio is a 2002 dci 65 and still runs as "normal"
We do get the occasional fail to start first turn of the key too

Last edited:
  Astra GSI, 172, Golf
if you need any parts for it i still have a fair few dci bits knocking about. pm me if you need owt

only thinkg you can do really is trial and error