ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

197 or 1*2

What would you rather have

Votes: 213 41.0%
  • 172/182

Votes: 308 59.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio RS 197
Test drove one at the weekend, considered PX'ing my 182.........very dissapointed with it tbh: :dapprove:

Didn't seem to have the same pick up as my 182 and the steering felt light as fook!

Lovely looking car inside and out though don't get me wrong! maybe needed running in, although it did have 8K on clock.....my 182 has 27K

mine has really loosend up at 12K

Renaultsport 200
sorry i pressed post by accident.

197 all day long because point to point they are quicker than any 1*2 and thats mainly due to the chassis and brakes. They would pull away from a 1*2 aswell from about 60 onwards and there is nothing in it to 60. You feel like your going slower because they are more refined. A 182 is a frantic little bugger but its more go kart like.

They are so much improved over the 1*2's.

Suzuki Swift Sport
Ive had both, would much rather have my old 197 back than the 182. I love the 182 but the 197 was brilliant! just now I have some savings whereas before I had all my money in the car - which when your trying to buy a house for the first time on your own isnt the best plan!

**** its official**** (apparantly)

The Clio Trophy / 182 shape is now regarded as a glamorous girls car, time to move onwards and upwards. Time to get into something more manly. Time to change. Time to get stuck into the 197ps.

http://glamgirlcars.com/models/best-cars-for-glamorous-girls/

..unless you are a girl, in which case, what a wonderful car you have!

That article is about the 197 with a picture of a 182. LOL owned on both sides :D

Renault Clio (Hatchback 2.0 Renaultsport 197 3dr)

It is a small, practical, rather speedy car. Clio possesses the 2.0-litre engine and a rather dull steering wheel. A top speed is 130mph

White clique
PWNED, but long overdue ownage so i dont feel so sad, anxious or ashamed. The article is littered with errors!!

I still say 197 though.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i feel we should have a new thread ot see if the general consensus has changed at all. clearly in favour of the 182 in this thread that has been running for almost a year.

thoughts?

i feel we should have a new thread ot see if the general consensus has changed at all. clearly in favour of the 182 in this thread that has been running for almost a year.

thoughts?

good plan! also the what model do you own thread needs restarting imo

Porsche Boxster987S
sorry i pressed post by accident.

197 all day long because point to point they are quicker than any 1*2 and thats mainly due to the chassis and brakes. They would pull away from a 1*2 aswell from about 60 onwards and there is nothing in it to 60. You feel like your going slower because they are more refined. A 182 is a frantic little bugger but its more go kart like.

They are so much improved over the 1*2's.

:S

Status
Not open for further replies.