ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

197 or 1*2

What would you rather have

Votes: 213 41.0%
  • 172/182

Votes: 308 59.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
  Megane 225+
not sure wots going to replacemy 172

its either hang on as long as pos - keep it running nice

or

go some kit route (a mates just put an R1 engine in a mini spaceframe kit - chain driven rear wheels!!)

or

I just dont see the choice - well this is wots on my mind!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Out of the two I would have a 197 every time, but I can't afford one:( . If I was spending that much cash on a car I'm not sure thats what I'd choose though.
Still the 1*2's are still one of the best bang for buck cars out there and in a few years time maybe the 197 will be the same??

182 & Mk1 Valver
It'd be 1*2 for me atm. But the more i see the 197 the more its growing on me.....arrrgh im so confused..

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I prefer the 1*2 mainly due to its looks, the 197 just looks a bit bulky/heavy to me. The perfect package for me would be a mixture of the two. I'd take the looks of the 1*8 and its better standard features, and add to it the 197's engine, brembo brakes, rear diffuser, recaro seats and steering wheel (only because it doesn't look like it would melt).

ST
I prefer the 1*2 mainly due to its looks, the 197 just looks a bit bulky/heavy to me. The perfect package for me would be a mixture of the two. I'd take the looks of the 1*8 and its better standard features, and add to it the 197's engine, brembo brakes, rear diffuser, recaro seats and steering wheel (only because it doesn't look like it would melt).

WTF is a 1star8??

WTF is a 1star8??
:lolup:

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

WTF is a 1star8??

Haha, meant to put 182!

Black Gold with cup packs
Don't lie, your only cheating yourselves, even my grand mother (has no interest in cars) can see the 197 is a far better looking car, obviously I know that the car is a better car.

Mark 1 Clio V6
Yes, but not by as much as you would expect.

Give it another 6 months and the 197 will probably be ahead.

Then when the next Renaultsport Clio comes out everyone will hate it for a while as it's not what they've got/can afford. They'll all be running around in 197's by then........................................

Black Gold with cup packs

Then when the next Renaultsport Clio comes out everyone will hate it for a while as it's not what they've got/can afford. They'll all be running around in 197's by then........................................

When that time comes I will have the new cliosport

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member

When that time comes I will have the new cliosport
In that case your cars will perpetually be disliked :rasp:

P.S. 197 is growing on me

Mondeo ST220
Always loves the 182 but love the shape of the 197, its really grown on me, seems more grown up and a better all rounder imo

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
If Renault go ahead with the planned face lift of the 197, there will be a new ph3 Ugly:eek:

172 ph2
The 197 has really grown on me too. I have always disliked it but over the past couple of months I have become rather fond of it. I would like to drive one though to see how it feels.

LY R26
I like the 197,
if buying a new car id definitely consider a 197 cup.
However, i prefer the 1*2 shape, and the fact my 172 Cup with 30k miles cost me 8k less than a brand new 197 :)

i have a real soft spot for the first 172s because they looked different from the rest of the range. with the 182 variants, you always got the impression that it could be a dynamique or something similar. the differences were too subtle.

the 197 has a massive advantage over the previous models in this respect.

my first post :cool:

C63 AMG
A Nimbus 197, with black Speedlines, tinted windows and Recaro seats (as well as cup suspension) would be the best looking hot hatch money can buy. If I were to buy a brand new RS now, that's what I'd spec.

Solid colours like Racing Blue actually look better on the 182 shape. Metallic colours look better on the 197 shape.

197 FF + 370bhp Cupa K1
I think the ph1 and 2 look better in standard form than the ph3, but in RS form it has to be the 197. It looks more pumped up, its stupidly safe too. I dont think its that far ahead of a 182 though. it took me ages to decide but i ordered a 197 having tried them both. Its simple, get a 197 with cup pack, if you cant afford it yet then get a 182. if youre on a tighter budget get a 172. They are all good.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah the 197's are certainly a grower. Much like the 182 was and the MkII 172. Preferred the original 172 at first but now the later models I think look much better.

Every time I see the 197 on the road, they look nice. Like a mini V6 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.