ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Cup vs Trophy at Spa

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
Little video from one of the Renaultsport sessions back in May this year. The liquid yellow 182 is a Trophy in all but colour - it's a French car fitted with the Sachs dampers, Turinis and Recaros. It had a fancy exhaust as well so probably some other tweaks. Euro trackdays are great because they let you overtake on either side and, if my memory serves me correct, around corners. The fun starts at about 4mins 20secs.

http://www.vimeo.com/2333571

ITB'd 182...
what car was the camera in? any pics of it? guessing 197 cup? seemed to go well. was the camera cage mounted do you know?

also nice to see the 182/trophy is quicker in a straight line :)

And yet still gets overtaken.
I don't buy the quicker in a straight line stuff. From my personal experience my 197 has been just as quick and sometimes marginally quicker than any 182. 'Maybe I've just got a good one' as everyone seems to say.

Good video dzm, some nice skillz you gots.

ITB'd 182...
watching from about 7mins onwards on pretty much all of the straights the 182 has the edge but as soon as it hits the corners and also braking zones the 197 is easily the quicker car.
obviously (from what i can see) the driver in the 197 seems a very good driver.

imo

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I don't buy the quicker in a straight line stuff. From my personal experience my 197 has been just as quick and sometimes marginally quicker than any 182. 'Maybe I've just got a good one' as everyone seems to say.

182 has a slight edge in the straights, 197 monsters the braking. Trophy's more fun, for me.

astra coupe on coilovers

i wouldnt say quicker than any 182 as theres rather quick ones on here :rasp:

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
what car was the camera in? any pics of it? guessing 197 cup? seemed to go well. was the camera cage mounted do you know?

The camera was in the 197 Cup. This one:

ClioCup.jpg

Camera was suction mounted to the rear window.

Warren4's got the right idea: 197 is king of the corners and braking zones.