ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R27 #177

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Quick/poor ps to get an idea of white.

image.jpeg

I love it tbh

With spacers it'll look hella epic.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I stole a few pics from a guy on the renaultsport forum's flikr

I love the look of the 225 width front tyres. They fill the arches much better than the standard 215 section ones

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
So after finding my brakes weren't up to track work at the renaultsport day and my rears needing changing, I bought new rear discs and pads and front ds2500s from George. I'll be fitting these soon and hopefully they'll hold up to Blyton in a couple of months.

Although my front discs were changed with the pads last August before the last renaultsport day, I think I'll change them anyway as I've got an inkling that they aren't genuine Renault/brembo.

So I'll hold off fitting the ds2500s until I've buy some front discs.

image.jpeg

Also, I cracked my splitter a few months back getting of ash's drive.

It held up fine until a couple of weeks ago when I touched a curb with it and the whole thing sheared, snapping at a couple of fixing points. This needed sorting.

I started whipping off the bumper to get to the screws holding the splitter to the edges of the bumper
image.jpeg

Poor splitter :(
image.jpeg

Took the splitter to work and fixed it to a table after positioning it together and bonding with araldite.
image.jpeg

After this dried, I suck a few layers of mesh down and fibreglassed over it for strength.
image.jpeg

After the fibreglass dried, I went over it with filler to get a smoothish finish on the back and a smooth finish on the front.

image.jpeg

That's all I have pics of at the moment but it's currently mid way through being fully smoothed, then it can be sprayed and put back on the car.

I'm stuck as to what to do with it though.

Gloss black I think will look pikey, would satin black paint look oem enough and stay looking decent?

I'm dabbling with carbon dip, but, it could look pikey as f**k and I'd have to research different companies because I've seen a lot of shite carbon dip.

Thoughts?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Looking good. I fancy some ds2500's for mine. Let me know how you get on.

Did my vague instructions on removing the front bumper work then?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It did actually. I wrote a proper guide on it afterwards though.

It'll save someone else from removing all four undertray bolts lol

All carbon dip looks s**t tbf. Sayin black would look fine imo

I've seen some that actually look real, I'll try and find some pictures.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Looking good dude. I toyed with the idea of White trackday wheels but went with black instead.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Ds2500 front pads fitted today along with oem rear discs and pads and new supergold fluid.

Then I stopped an annoying little blow in the exhaust.

The rears were well overdue! One pad out of four was doing all of the work (what little work the rears do anyway). And I think I found why so many owners have trouble with the rears binding... The rear pads get jammed in the tensioners.

We had to file a fair bit off the sides of the pads to get them to fit smoothly, so hopefully that's put and end to the binding.

First impressions of the fronts are they're leagues better than oem.

I took a local twisty road home and found myself under shooting the corners by a fair amount! Having to accelerate again to get around the corners due to braking where I'm used to on oem pads.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I was just about to fax you actually.

I did what George said, got them up to temperature with slow, medium and fast brakes with medium pressure then a few proper anchorings on and left them to cool.

I've just been to the ponderosa and they're ace so far.

If they don't work well enough at Blyton I'll bed them in again on the track.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I was just about to fax you actually.

I did what George said, got them up to temperature with slow, medium and fast brakes with medium pressure then a few proper anchorings on and left them to cool.

I've just been to the ponderosa and they're ace so far.

If they don't work well enough at Blyton I'll bed them in again on the track.
If you follow the procedure you'll be fine. So long as you use them properly from time to time and don't let them glaze over.

Drop me a message in a few weeks and let me know what you think of them and I'll get myself a set I think. Standard ones are really hit and miss at times. Think they all need a good bleed up with some decent fluid and I really miss my braided lines.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
If you follow the procedure you'll be fine. So long as you use them properly from time to time and don't let them glaze over.

Drop me a message in a few weeks and let me know what you think of them and I'll get myself a set I think. Standard ones are really hit and miss at times. Think they all need a good bleed up with some decent fluid and I really miss my braided lines.

They get used well on my commute haha.

Will do. If you can make it to csf as well you can have a go to compare for yourself.

I know! They were epic when I first got the car and just went awful.

I've tried oem with super blue fluid and oem fluid, they were s**t both times.

Braided lines will be next for me if I cook these at Blyton.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Not a big update but the car had an oil change and air con re gass today in preparation for Anglesey in a couple of weeks.

I was dying at CSF with sub par air con!

Also, I've not updated this since csf, but on the ns2rs and ds2500s the car was incredible around Blyton.

I could not get the rear to let go (will have to play with tyre pressures next time) until a good few laps when I cooked them. Even with a massive couple of slides the car was still perfectly manageable

Roll on sept 12th!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Found a video of my car at Anglesey last week. The car sorely needs a diff (or I need more tuition) because I had to rely on left foot braking to keep the front in check coming onto and going past the pit straight.

The 182 (iirc) which was filming the video had very good brakes!