ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 failed MOT - Offside Front Spring

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
So... got the 182 back from the garage and it failed its MOT on the offside front spring which has snapped :( I need to get one within 7 days so they can re-do the MOT again.

Where can I get one from? I tried eBay but so many on there I don't want to get the wrong one :S Can anyone help me find one?

What sort of price do they go for?

Thanks!

E46 M3
You need to change both fronts really. I'd use the opportunity to get some sportlines or cooksports on there.

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
You need to change both fronts really. I'd use the opportunity to get some sportlines or cooksports on there.
Hmm if I get a pair of front springs say apex/sportlines/cooks etc will the back look weird as they are standard springs? if its around £100 for all corners I might just get them all done

Clio 197
I would replace the front pair as a minimum as the other side could also be coming to the end of its life. They are around £100 each (approximately) from Renault so not cheap.

Clio Sport 182
Sorry to hijack this post but I need an offside spring as well!

would like the genuine renault ones with green & Blue dots on please. can anyone help?

Lionel Richie
just buy a patern part one from GSF etc (KYB, LESJFORS, MONROE etc) as a temporary solution if you get stuck, less than 30quid new, it won't fail the MOT because its not a cup spring ;)

and before the clio police pipe up, its just a spring, it'll get him back on the road, its best to get Eibachs (approx 160 a set of 4) or cookies as mentioned above