ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup springs

182 CUP
Hi all,

Newbie (ish) here, please before you all go OMG not that subject again, hear me out.
Usual story, spring has gone, ideal time to uprate all springs on my poverty spec cup. After reading a lot of post's (a lot!!!) i am still no clearer on which to buy. Eibach Pro or Sport?? Looks i'm not really bothered about, its performance that i want without going down the coilover route. The issue that keeps bothering me is whether the cup dampers will be able to operate correctly on the Sports, I have been advised by 2 well known performance outlets to go for the sports (also the cheapest) , but this niggling issue wont go away. Ive read a few post on trophy that agree with my issue. If anyone has a definitive answer...PLEASE HELP...before i go completely bonkers over this massive choice of 1 or the other. I can feel another headache coming on all ready:S:D.

Thanks,
rave.

182 CUP
Hmmmmm....not the answer i wanted to hear, need some more persuasion please. you lot all got standard dampers??

172 Cup
Just read reviews on here from people who have them, they're perfect if you want an upgrade but dont fancy the coilover route.

Oh and dont bother with Apex.

182 CUP
My main concerns are that the sportlines will, as i said effect the standard dampers. A few (not many, but enough to make me think twice) are suggesting that the sportlines are to much for the dampers. So i'm torn between loads of peolple who think the sportlines are amazing, and those that reckon they will trash the dampers, whether they are amazing or not. One thing i should mention is that my cup is often used as a van for work and often has 10 cases of larger in the back on the way back from the wholesalers. it does look good sat on its arse with this weight in the back, but how would it cope with sportlines?? This is why prolines sounded so appealing. Alot of peolples answer to that it seems would shout, Yeah!!! bang some Koni's on it WOOOOH!!!, er...on a budget, so want things to last. My last motor....the love of my life, a black r26, was so sorted on road and track i'd never thought of upgrading the suspension in anyway, and that was often stuffed with 20 cases of larger!! (not while on track).Just want to do the right thing for the cups handling, to make something thats good a little better like the r26 and preserve its well being...that sound daft? If ultimately, the answer is sportlines and wait for my dampers implode and bang some koni's on it, someone please tell me.

Ta

Last edited:
  172/1.2/E30
Sportlines will not effect your dampers in the nearer future, the drop on them is minimal (about 20mm). If you use springs with a drop >40mm you are advised to use shortened shocks.

182 CUP
Thats not going to happen, imagine how stressed i would get with all the possible coilover options...brain would melt down. Think its some kind of OCD, drives the wife mad.

182 CUP
I've been running Sportlines for almost a year now.
They give a nice subtle drop, and give a noticeable improvement to the handling.
Are you on standard cup dampers and how much weight would you feel comfortable with in the back?

Megane 225 F1
Buy sportlines and then IF you want better, save up some money and buy some DECENT coilovers.