ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172ff v rx-8 (231)

'51, 172
always thought there was a 172ff and a 172 cup or have i got this wrong? someone please explain:S :S :S :S

Theres 172 and 172 Cup. Thats it. You have a 172.

FF is a term for the 182's because there were more options/versions.

'51, 172
oh, ok. thought there were just 182 cup and ff, and 172 cup and ff. thanks for enlightening me anyway, id better change my profile too!! :eek:

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
The RX8's are pretty quick, good old 1.3 w**kel ;)

I was thinking about this the other day funnily enough. Surely only being 1.3 means savings can be made when it comes to tax/insurance?

Nope. Rotary engines are classified differently. 1 rotor is equivalent to 2 pistons, so a 1.3 rotary is classed as a 2.6 4 cylinder. So, don't go buying one thinking you'll sneak below the 1.5 litre tax bracket! ;)

A Flamin' Red one
I was thinking about this the other day funnily enough. Surely only being 1.3 means savings can be made when it comes to tax/insurance?

Nope. Rotary engines are classified differently. 1 rotor is equivalent to 2 pistons, so a 1.3 rotary is classed as a 2.6 4 cylinder. So, don't go buying one thinking you'll sneak below the 1.5 litre tax bracket! ;)

Ahhh, I see. I'm always learning on this site - love it! :D

Oh, and personally I think Mazda went a bit soft with the RX8. Sure, if someone gave me one I'd say 'thank you very much' but the RX7 is where it's at imo.

Elise S1 B&C 140
Wouldn't mind one of these next, awesome cars, insurance isnt to bad for what they are tbh. 20mpg average is a killer though

Swift Sport
I've driven loads of them (I work in the motor trade) and I don't think they are a particularly nice car to drive. Imo