ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio rs 172 ph1
Hi mates
I have a 172 for the track, but after any track day my clutch gets super sensitive and noisy and after a while it starts leaking valvoline from the gearbox, I've changed the clutch more than 3 times and I've checked everything I could to be. I'm thinking of changing to another Gearbox, is there any plug in play?

Clio 172 + Clio200T
Did you considered moving to a racing copper 4pad clutch? On mine I have a reinforced plate + copper clutch (without springs) and drives like a charm.

Anyway its not good that the gearbox spills oil.. if its in good shape it shouldnt.
Before the current clutch I've had a bad experience of clutch burning and falling apart.. it got so hot it even melted the oil spout inside gearbox.. but not a oil has been dropped outside the box..

Unfortunately no, on our engine there is no plug and play box. (Beside PMS sequential but it cost a fortune)
There is possibility to fit a VAG box, 6M or 5M.
6M is strong but ratios are good only if you are turbo, if NA, too long.
5M can be found in suitable ratios but not good for high rpm. Over 6k begins to lose his mind..