ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Vs Vee 255

Golf 7R
I think im the only one that has never actually wanted to own a V6. I cant deny its road presence, but can also understand how someone would think its just a clio with a big bodykit.... big engine aside, it is!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
name me 3 then

Honda S2000, Porsche Boxster, Nissan 350Z...

All turn heads, handle, are fun and challenging.

lol @ s2000 turn what turn hairdressers heads? there slower and engine doesnt sound as nice

boxster fair enough only in S form and its common? doesnt sound as nice and doesnt look better

350z isnt as exhilirating to drive as the Vee, (prefacelift model), but i wouldnt say its better than the vee, but the best out of the 3 trollops you mentioned

you sir are a mug

MCS R56
Honda S2000, Porsche Boxster, Nissan 350Z...

All turn heads, handle, are fun and challenging.

lol @ s2000 turn what turn hairdressers heads? there slower and engine doesnt sound as nice

boxster fair enough only in S form and its common? doesnt sound as nice and doesnt look better

350z isnt as exhilirating to drive as the Vee, (prefacelift model), but i wouldnt say its better than the vee, but the best out of the 3 trollops you mentioned

you sir are a mug

:lolup: :nono:

Trollops...all 3 cars are miles ahead of the V6 in terms of capability. Looks are a matter of opinion. Some people go for the glued on body kit look.

S2000 will keep up with a V6 and handle better. Hairdresser car?! Stop smoking weed.

Porsche Boxster - no contest. (S or not)

350Z is better than a Vee in every aspect.

I'm pretty confident 9 out of 10 people with £35K in their pocket to buy a car wouldn't come back with a Vee. (even if there were still available new)
If your talking used, then I can add to this list.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

you sir are a mug

Trollops...all 3 cars are miles ahead of the V6 in terms of capability. Looks are a matter of opinion. Some people go for the glued on body kit look.

S2000 will keep up with a V6 and handle better. Hairdresser car?! Stop smoking weed.

I'm pretty confident 9 out of 10 people with £35K in their pocket to buy a car wouldn't come back with a Vee. (even if there were still available new)

I would take my 182 cup over an s2000,cornering an s2000 would keep up with a vee but otherwise it would be far far away. They also look turd

I have driven boxters, both variants, and only the S is good . A normal one is less fun to drive than a 182,

350z is a very nice car. But having driven one it doesnt sound as nice(but close) and does not fell any faster and was actually boring to drive

If i had 35k i would pocket 20k and buy a vee, 35k and you picked an s2000, lol

MCS R56
Honda S2000 slower than a vee..... whos world is that in?

Figures might show it as a few tenths slower to 60 or so but in the real world there would be sod all in it. It's still a much better car than the Vee. I couldn't give a toss if it's not as quick in a straight line.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Honda S2000 slower than a vee..... whos world is that in?

Figures might show it as a few tenths slower to 60 or so but in the real world there would be sod all in it. It's still a much better car than the Vee. I couldn't give a toss if it's not as quick in a straight line.

oooh Yes because all that torque in an s2000 would be so usable and lovely compared to the vee. S2000 much better car than a vee, not a chance.I can possibly sway to a datsun 350 but s2000 not a chance.

Golf 7R
I would personally choose a Honda S2k over a Vee well the mk 1 anyway, not sure about the 255. The porsche Boxter...... please! The Nissan 350 z i did not enjoy the ride, does not seems at all fast and the MPG figure is ridiculas.

MCS R56

I would take my 182 cup over an s2000,cornering an s2000 would keep up with a vee but otherwise it would be far far away. They also look turd

I have driven boxters, both variants, and only the S is good . A normal one is less fun to drive than a 182,

350z is a very nice car. But having driven one it doesnt sound as nice(but close) and does not fell any faster and was actually boring to drive

I didn't say I would buy a S2000, I just said it's a better car, in the £35K bracket. A normal Boxter might not be all that quick but it's still one of the best handling sport cars. And btw, I would have a 182 over a Vee.

Vee far far away from S2000...okay. Whatever. Maybe in a ditch because the 20mph corner was too much for it! This thread started by saying there wasn't much in it between a 172 and a Vee. Read the first paragrah.

I would probably go for a Evo 340 with my money.

MCS R56

oooh Yes because all that torque in an s2000 would be so usable and lovely compared to the vee. S2000 much better car than a vee, not a chance.I can possibly sway to a datsun 350 but s2000 not a chance.

That's why it revs to 9000rpm...

No 1 car on Top Gear survey was...?

Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
I looked at a Mk2 Clio V6 before buying my TVR. I test drove one and thought it was great, but too slow and still just a Renault Clio at the end of the day.

They do sound good, but not compared to any TVR - especially the Rover V8's. I'd had the 172 Cup and felt that was about the pinnacle for Clio ownership. The V6 just struck me as a bit too expensive and slow for what it is.

Saying that - I commend Renault for putting the money into creating a car that drives the correct wheels and is aimed purely at drivers.

Torque is great - I just love the lurch forwards in any gear at any revs that my Chimaera gives - but that's 1060kg and 300lbft of torque though. Lovely part is - you still get a top end rush with 280+bhp as well :) Low torque, high revving engines only really make sense on race tracks and traffic light grand prix's.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

I didn't say I would buy a S2000, I just said it's a better car, in the £35K bracket. A normal Boxter might not be all that quick but it's still one of the best handling sport cars. And btw, I would have a 182 over a Vee.

Vee far far away from S2000...okay. Whatever. Maybe in a ditch because the 20mph corner was too much for it! This thread started by saying there wasn't much in it between a 172 and a Vee. Read the first paragrah.

I would probably go for a Evo 340 with my money.

The top gear survey which also bums the CTR and dismisses the Trophy?!?

Read the first paragraph, said the Vee flew away. We can agree to disagree but an s2000..... have a heart! Over a V6 you must be having a laugh. 350z i can handle but s2k.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I looked at a Mk2 Clio V6 before buying my TVR. I test drove one and thought it was great, but too slow and still just a Renault Clio at the end of the day.

They do sound good, but not compared to any TVR - especially the Rover V8's. I'd had the 172 Cup and felt that was about the pinnacle for Clio ownership. The V6 just struck me as a bit too expensive and slow for what it is.

Saying that - I commend Renault for putting the money into creating a car that drives the correct wheels and is aimed purely at drivers.

Torque is great - I just love the lurch forwards in any gear at any revs that my Chimaera gives - but that's 1060kg and 300lbft of torque though. Lovely part is - you still get a top end rush with 280+bhp as well :) Low torque, high revving engines only really make sense on race tracks and traffic light grand prix's.

TVR now thats a car not an s2000

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Sorry mate, but you are wrong. Great. It's number one on the customer satisfaction survey. Hooray, you've established that honda's are more reliable than renaults. Gold star. Have you ever driven an s2000? Gutless wonders, may look quicker on paper, but the serious lack of torque means it's a bugger to drive in everyday conditions, every overtake requires a good deal of planning. The s2000 had massive faults when released, donkeys ago. They've finally sorted the handling, but the steering still is awful, the engine is completely wrong for the car.
350z? More capable maybe, but much as I love them, they are such a non event in comparison. Good to drive, but an aquired taste, not a car you throw about.
Boxters are good cars, and I love them. But unfortunately they have a serious image problem, but the only car you could say is better than a vee.

And quoting top gear survey, the mag has bugger all to do with driving pleasure, more about boot space, size of glove box, dealer performance blah blah blah. If that's what you care about, hot hatches probably aren't for you. Buy a Passat. Or a Kia, 7 yr warranty don't you know!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I would take my 182 cup over an s2000,cornering an s2000 would keep up with a vee but otherwise it would be far far away.

^^^ quote of the thread...right there.

Read the first paragraph, said the Vee flew away.

You missed this bit then?

...if I was in the right gear just below 5k revs, Vee pulled slightly (but steadily). If I was in the wrong gear, owned! Just disappears up the road...

Carry on chaps...this is amusing.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
My initial post, was saying perfect conditions, perfect revs gear etc the vee's slightly quicker. Anything other than that and the vee's clearly quicker. Did show Riz how to corner properly on the way home though;). My bro had a headache after being in your car for 10mins Riz!!!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
My initial post, was saying perfect conditions, perfect revs gear etc the vee's slightly quicker. Anything other than that and the vee's clearly quicker. Did show Riz how to corner properly on the way home though;). My bro had a headache after being in your car for 10mins Riz!!!

bet he did, oi ive got tickets for the CL final but i cant get there no flights!!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Road trip FTFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll take out a mortgage to fuel the vee there and back.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

^^^ quote of the thread...right there.

Read the first paragraph, said the Vee flew away.

You missed this bit then?

...if I was in the right gear just below 5k revs, Vee pulled slightly (but steadily). If I was in the wrong gear, owned! Just disappears up the road...

lol selected reading but still flew far far away

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
What about trying to get flights to paris, then on to moscow (or anywhere in europe then onto russia)?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Ebay the tickets and make a f**king mint? Bit expensive considering the month you've had!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

It was stated a V would pull slowly away from a 172.

It was also stated, and restated again ^^^ that one would fly away from a Honda S2000 - which we all know is at least on a par with a 1*2...isn't it?

How is my drawing attention to that 'selected reading'?

MCS R56

Sorry mate, but you are wrong. Great. It's number one on the customer satisfaction survey. Hooray, you've established that honda's are more reliable than renaults. Gold star. Have you ever driven an s2000? Gutless wonders, may look quicker on paper, but the serious lack of torque means it's a bugger to drive in everyday conditions, every overtake requires a good deal of planning. The s2000 had massive faults when released, donkeys ago. They've finally sorted the handling, but the steering still is awful, the engine is completely wrong for the car.
350z? More capable maybe, but much as I love them, they are such a non event in comparison. Good to drive, but an aquired taste, not a car you throw about.
Boxters are good cars, and I love them. But unfortunately they have a serious image problem, but the only car you could say is better than a vee.

And quoting top gear survey, the mag has bugger all to do with driving pleasure, more about boot space, size of glove box, dealer performance blah blah blah. If that's what you care about, hot hatches probably aren't for you. Buy a Passat. Or a Kia, 7 yr warranty don't you know!

So are you saying the Vee is the perfect machine? I admitted that they (Vee)might be slightly quicker than a S2000 but that doesn't make it a better car. You can defend the Clio all you like but any serious driver or person with £35K ain't going to pick a Vee over any of them.

You can't **** the S2000. Have you not seen The Fast and The Furious? The bad guy won the drag race in his.

Don't worry about what I drive. If I want torque I'll buy a TDi.

MCS R56

It was also stated, and restated again ^^^ that one would fly away from a Honda S2000 - which we all know is at least on a par with a 1*2...isn't it?

It's very good. I would like to see the evidence of a standard Vee flying away from a standard S2000, and slowly pulling away from a 172. Bollox.

LY V6 with Recaros
Why do threads involving V6's have to drag on for so long with people bickering about what better cars there are out there :rolleyes: It's personal preference!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

i was referencing that to myself mate