ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Vs Vee 255

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Think I need to test drive a mk1 before deciding. Either way it's gonna have to be mars red.

Nippy white cup
here we go - i'll try and write a post without getting banned!

having driven ali's vee a couple of times and having previously owned a 203bhp 172 i'd say the vee would leave it quite easily. the vee does take a bit of getting used to and it was pissing it down one of the times so i was affraid to push it on, even when ali fell asleep! :boring:

It felt pretty planted and cornered well but again you need to find its limits as with any other car before you start pushing it.

however he did have some problems trying to pass teg the other week - didnt you son! :rasp:

I'd be surprised that it would have left you easily m8...maybe at daft speeds but mine isn't as powerful as yours and there is no way one would pull away 'easily'. My m8s 245bhp/300ftlb mk5 golf only managed to pull a car or so from 40-125mph...golf is probably 60kg lighter and 10bhp down but 80ftlb up so I would imagine that it would be quicker than a V

Just my observations

Chris

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Worst handling, underpowered sports car ever

"Supercar!" if you please!

Of course thats why you bought one! Ya spanner!

I bought a new one in 2002 - if i had of known what they were like i would have bought something else. Unfortunately they were a new car at the time and the cars capabilities and characteristics were unknown by the new owners. You had to buy one to realise what a pig they were. Needless to say i got rid within 6 month. A well set up cup with very little money thrown at it would keep / take a V6 on track easy.

I understand you think there the best thing since sliced bread because you guys own one - your just backing your cars up, fair enough.

Supercar ??? .............. yeh right

Clio
I bought a new one in 2002 - if i had of known what they were like i would have bought something else. Unfortunately they were a new car at the time and the cars capabilities and characteristics were unknown by the new owners. You had to buy one to realise what a pig they were. Needless to say i got rid within 6 month. A well set up cup with very little money thrown at it would keep / take a V6 on track easy.

I understand you think there the best thing since sliced bread because you guys own one - your just backing your cars up, fair enough.

Out of curiousity, what were your main problems/things you didn't like with it and was this track or road use?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
lol @ the "V6 owners club" and there defense.

Come on lads dont take it to heart - theres better cars out there for less money

Clio

Come on lads dont take it to heart - theres better cars out there for less money

I'm not getting all defensive, I'm just curious about other peoples opinions on cars.

Just wanted to know what issues you had with it.

Lionel Richie
oh yes there are better cars for less money, but none that are anywhere near as exclusive, i like the pose factor

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Track and road use

Very twitchy going into bends, worse accelerating out of them ( especially in the wet SWB rwd makes it worse ), front end seemed to light powering into corners, serious lack of power ( its rival from the same family was less than half the price and had the same performance ) Everytime you tried to launch the car at high revs it seemed the clutch couldnt handle the transfer and filled the cabin full of fumes..... To name but a few problems

MERCEDES CLS AMG
a pic of the old dog

MattsClio004-1.jpg

MattsClio001-1.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio
Fair enough, I agree with you on the front end getting a bit light in fast corners and the clutch could have been stronger. I don't think its underpowered, I think its to heavy. I doubt many N/A V6 engines developed in the late 90's early 00's were producing much more power (could be wrong I'm guessing)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
"Supercar!" if you please!

Of course thats why you bought one! Ya spanner!

Matt,

I'm winding you up, i'm well aware a well set up cup would keep up...I openly said before i reckon i could do an ultimately quicker lap around any track in an R27... But where the fun in that the vee is a challenge!

It's more about the presence & rareity of the car than the performance. bearing in mine i've raced karts since i was 8, caterhams, ginetta's & Radicals...I know what a good handling car feels like and the Vee is up here imo!!

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Matt,

I'm winding you up, i'm well aware a well set up cup would keep up...I openly said before i reckon i could do an ultimately quicker lap around any track in an R27... But where the fun in that the vee is a challenge!

It's more about the presence & rareity of the car than the performance. bearing in mine i've raced karts since i was 8, caterhams, ginetta's & Radicals...I know what a good handling car feels like and the Vee is up here imo!!

Wind up is my middle name - c,mon Alistair you should know me by now ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Matt,

Wind up is my middle name - c,mon Alistair you should know me by now ;)

Just bow down and kiss my feet Matthew!

Vee - Supercar!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Harold: I want that. Kumar: What? A Hot Dog Heaven super chili cheese dog? Harold: No. I want that feeling. The feeling that comes over a man when he gets exactly what he desires. I need that feeling! Kumar: Are you saying what I think you're saying? Harold: We gotta go to White Castle. Kumar: YES! YES! I knew you had it in you dude!

(Last time, promise)

Matt - "the old dog" as you put it, was it running NOS ?? If not what are the two canisters behind the seats ?

LY V6 with Recaros

Maybe, but there aren't any that are as rare or head-turning as the vee for the same price imo.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
To be fair, assuming Matt actually owns the 300c in his sig and isn't just on the Ollie pisstake band or something - it's a bit of a glass houses and stone situation talking about handling or underpowerd engines...

Dan

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
for under 35k i wouldnt buy another car, EVO/WRX etc not a chance. They all have their good and bad points. The Vee is fantastic, it truly is a special car.