ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 touring car look

MK2 PH2 172 cup
ive not had my 172 long only about a month but been playing around and came up with this, got the idea from the renault sport 172 touring cars, not sure everyone will like it but thats life what do you think ?, any ideas how i can add to what ive already had done

p200609164201.jpg

p2006091642.jpg

p2006091641.jpg

AK

M240i
I like it, it's diffferent.

I'd get them wheels changed tho ASAP dude..

e/

just noticed the shopping list on the back quarter, i'd get rid of that!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I really like that!! Needs lowering and some track orientated wheels though.

17 inch white Compomotive MO's and decent set of coilovers would look schweeeet!

MK2 PH2 172 cup
;) yeah wheels are already on my wish list and wasn't sure about the stack on back quarter but its always good to get other ppls opinions ;)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
No words can describe how bad that looks.

looks nothing like a touring car or a race car for that matter.

why not copy a old cup racer if you want to go down that route ???

clio4_large.jpg

not the best pic but sure with some time better ones could be found.

no renault used correct colour, you cannot compare yours to renault, and besides the renault one is for an actual race car, 197, etc...

maybe with new wheels that match something on the car and no shopping list it would be ok

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
oh well each to their own, heres where i got the idea, perhaps renault got it wrong as well

No the stickers you have stuck on are to big, the white does not go with the blue very weel, mainly cos the blue is metallic.

If it was racing blue they would look better. Most of the clio cup cars are painted in non metallic colours.

Clio 172
to pull off what your trying you need some lightweight track wheels, coilovers and maybe a stripped interior with a cage harnesses and track seats.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
MAte its the wheels. They are appalling. A decent set of wheels will give it a bit of a 'look'. ATM, its struggling between a track replica (stickers etc) or a McD's chave wagon (bling chrome wheels)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Look at this lupo, looks like a track wh0re just because of the wheels...

LupoGtiCompomotiveMOs019.jpg

I understand the look you are going for but imo, your not pulling it off.

Maybe if the graphics were silver & not white they would look better. The wheels (as said) are wrong for what you want to achieve, sorry to sound harsh but it looks a bit 'hmmm' at the min.

Im going down a simular route with my cup. But very minimalistic. So far i've got white 15" pro race 1s, dont really see a lot of them, like the 1.2 but lighter IIRC and spokes go further towards the edge. Got some small number stickers for the rear windows. Going to lower it on coilovers and thats about it. Want a tow eye aswell and then it will look 'track car' enough for me. The stickers will go on and come off the same weekend as im only doing it for one car show that I am on the stand of.

I think the stickers you have suits the yellow 197, but not the shape of the mk2

MK2 PH2 172 cup
thanks for all the comments folks positive and negative, I'm taking all that's been said on board and will be making some alterations in the near future starting with the wheels

Never above 25mpg
Get rid of the tints, crappy wheels, strip it, cage it, buckets, lowered, track wheels and you might be on to something.

As of the moment it's a glorified chav wagon, or a ruined cup!!

It may work, but only if it has different wheels, is on the floor and stripped out with buckets and a cage.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
No offence intended, but it looks very chav imo. The colour scheme is wrong, the wheels are wrong. Would look awful on a 197 as well.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Not a fan sorry fella-if it was just a track weapon then maybe, but as a daily driver its a bit too ott.

M2 Competition
This is my old track car, is this more the look you're going for?

That with the graphics would look quite good.

Good effort though fella, a lot of work has gone into that :)

Last edited:

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
It's errr different :eek:

Good luck when you eventually try to sell the car with darker paintwork where the stickers have been.

Clio 172 Ph 1, Espace Dci
Good effort, the yellow cup racer pulls it off as the graphic shapes suit it's profile, the wheels are white, and it's a proper track car. Big stickers only really suit proper racers, with white, colur coded, or silver wheels. Metallics with white stickers DON'T work. I've seen a proper replica Lancia Delta Integrale with clearly LOADS of money thrown at it to get it right. Thing was, it looked Tosh Lyons rolling down the high street turning into Sainburys. Track queens for the track.

Clio RS 197
Mate your clio looks nice. How much did all the decals cost ya? I think if you kept the standard 172 cup lighweight alloys on it would look awesome, but apart from that clio looks nice.

I am saving up for a blue clio 172 cup mate. When I get it I am going to put 2 bucket seats with red 4point harnesses in. Take out rear seats and put small renault sport stickers on each side of car along the skirt next to rear of arch if you gt what I mean? I am thinking of gettin the 197 f1sport side arch stickers to put on but not sure if look right on a clio 172cup in blue and whether they will fit as the arches on recent clio have small vents in unlike mark 2 172 cup?