ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Suspension Bushes!

I went to powerflex (Just over the road from london superchips) and had the 172 Mk2 measured up for uprated bushes several months ago. I called them back 3/4 weeks ago only to be told they didnt have a plan on a production run in the near future! Their explanation was a lack of demand... :-(

If there are sufficient people interested Ill get back to them and ask them to expedite the request based on prespective interest....

Anyone interested??? I believe therell be a huge improvement vs the cost.

If possible can a rep of the club help me? Its best to show a united front! (and an easy sale!)

Im surprised they dont use your car as a development model. Id try a diifferent company if theyre not prepared to do a the job!

I know its a different thing but if you send your cams to kent cams theyll re-profile them for you, you dont have to have a certain model. It would be nice if companies would do us a favour, after all thats how you get a good reputation, and customers.

If i had a 172 Mr erm.. jellyhead id join the protest!

The development dude simply put my car on a 4 poster, lifted it up and took a brief look... got out a crow bar and attempted to cause the bushes to flex (Id rather not have seen this!), made a few grunting sounds, took a couple of digital pics and told me they were very similar if not the same as previous clios.....

Im lucky enough to have a family friend who owns a company that can make them up to spec for me out of nyroflex, polyeurothane or similar but Id be sticking my neck out... no warranty etc... and itd be nice to see the whole forum benefit from our individual efforts (at least thats the spirit I subscribe to:D)

Can anyone suggest an alternative supplier???

FAO telford_mike

In principle they are identical to the OEM part except theyre made from a less elastic material (a compound that gives less). The end result is much tighter and more positive steering turn-in and feedback through the steering wheel. It has been suggested that the anti-roll bar bushes in particular have room for improvement, this should reduce body roll.

Has that helped?

The full set including anti-roll bar should be around the £70 mark (rough guestimate) fitting will be on top of that.... If you know what youre doing I think itll take about 3 hours, if not it could be £150ish for a dealer to fit them.

Renault Laguna Coupe

£150 fitted! Wow! Can someone do a how to guide please! Actually that wouldnt be a big problem - I have a local garage thatll fit things like this for a reasonable cost. £70 sounds fine. Are you going to get yours done and report results back?

I think they are a little more expensive if you do the whole car..... Thing is if I had a 172 I would save up and get coilovers fitted, your see much more improvement in handling with them that what your ever feel with a few hairy bushes

Its not a case of having one or the other, they are two disctinctly different mods that do two distinctly different things......

It may not be for everyone, but if youre serious about making your car handle with precision it should be on your list.

Anyone else comment? I cant be the only one whos felt the difference.....!!!