ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Gearbox Oil Leak @ 60000Kms

clio sport 172
Hi Guys,

I recently had my Clio in for a 60000Km service and whilst it was up on the hoist, was contacted by the mechanic who said that there was a serious oil leak from the gearbox selector section that I should urgently attend to. I had a look and took some pics - it didn't look toooo bad to me (though not great) - what do you all think??? The last picture is the "mat" that sits under the box - it has a fair bit of oil dripped onto it. It has never dripped oil onto the garage floor...

Should I be concerned?

43006342tw6.jpg

23712590rw3.jpg

30478948or9.jpg

BMW M135i
Its fine its not leaking, the gear linkage always weeps a bit. Thats nothing anyway hardly any fluid there.

clio 172 mk2
guys quick question when should you change gearbox tranny oil my 172 is on 100 000km should i change it now or soon? and what brand do you peeps use is it worth trying the royal purply brand of oils for the gearbox oil? any suggestions?

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Mine was like that at 30k.

I thought it was a problem, I didn't know it was normal.

I had the seal changed under warranty, but I'm not sure if it made a difference and what it looks like now I'm on 40k.

www.renparts.co.uk
as above they all leak and that amount is normal. Would be fine the change the transmission oil. As Dan says royal purple is great if you have deep pockets.