ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup vs octavia vrs 1.8t remapped

clio 172 cup
how would a clio 172 cup do against a remapped skoda octavia vrs mk1, thinking of possibly getting one

clio 172 cup
i raced a black one the other wk and was slowly catchin him cudnt decide weather it had been remapped or not

Focus RS mk1
yeh ive drove a vrs octavia and i wasnt impressed i cant see it being quicker even when remapped, as above they are big heavy cars. clio owners know power to weight is everything

Audi TT
Twisty's or a straight line I'm sure the one at work (when it isn't in the garage) would do a clio no probs even with the bigger lightbar it has fitted.

***edit*** it is a 2.0litre one though

ClioSport 172 Cup
yeh ive drove a vrs octavia and i wasnt impressed i cant see it being quicker even when remapped, as above they are big heavy cars. clio owners know power to weight is everything

Hmm yeh until you come up against one that has been stripped of weight! They produce some serious torque for a 1.8 Turbo, standard 180bhp, just a remap gives them an extra 30bhp. Same engine found in the Audi TT, my mate has a remapped one and it pulls like a Train. Natural aspiration is never a match for Turbo charging.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
An remapped but otherwise standard Octavia VRS will be a little slower up to 100 and a little quicker after. Its not going to be a massive difference to be honest. Heavy old beasts.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
Skoda will take 300bhp before you need to change engine internals.

FMIC, straight thru pipe and air filter matched to a good RR remap would get you there.

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
my mates got a octavia vrs 1.8T running 250bhp... even before it was mapped we had it upto 155mph, really good cars!

Impreza ra & S14a
I've got both, cup is better round corners feels stiffer also seems to get up to speed quicker, octy is a bigger car obviously so u need to work it to get up to speed, saying that I'm selling the octy this weekend. IMHO Clio as a fun hack about wins, big speed motorway cruising go for the octy. Although it is nice to hear the turbo,spool up, some thing I'll miss, has been a good car, if wasn't so lardy I'd be keeping it but Clio will do a better job of autosolos!