ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup track toy build

Fitting mine tomorrow for Rockingham next week, did you do any bedding in procedure.
Don't think they need anything do they like the DS2500's?

no, I just had a spirited drive to the track then hammered them after a lap warming up each time out, they actually state no special bedding in required:smile: They squeal like hell now though :grin:

Red or white? Hmmmmmmmm

D43AEC20-C6EF-42D7-ABD6-7F12D9355292_zpsmcnyxmnv.jpg

2?!

Greedy...

Ha! One was brought in for a friend, who's sold his car and now selling the red one lol

Nothing too much more on mine, cage was test fitted, towers tacked in and then I started to strip it out, re-routed some wiring and got a spot weld bit to get rid of brackets etc. Awaiting final welding, then I'm painting the interior,naps I've skipped the carpets this time :tongueclosed:

D22B3A4B-7AC6-44C4-9B61-641892844D79_zpsbmybazon.jpg

F59D71A6-341B-4060-B693-A461CF47A8BF_zpsjcoqgfwh.jpg

As the cage fouls the glove box door, I had a go at cutting it, need to find tidier screws but all I had long enough at the time
C3762178-3032-4352-8B09-0A7CB417A5E3_zpsm0vlqjiq.jpg

5813939E-6FDA-499E-86F3-24C185013C9D_zpsaqehcgtc.jpg

Can't wait to try these, AST sportline 2s afaik but no numbers on them anywhere.

01535690-B05F-4A3A-B49D-E8D661641176_zpsz3u2jp8h.jpg

Not sure what to do about the top mounts, my pms ones are bolted on so the AST ones would leave visible holes, not sure if there would be a strength issue but would really like more camber I could have :astonished:

1st world problems eh?

Last edited:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Can't wait to try these, AST sportline 2s afaik but no numbers on them anywhere.

01535690-B05F-4A3A-B49D-E8D661641176_zpsz3u2jp8h.jpg

Not sure what to do about the top mounts, my pms ones are bolted on so the AST ones would leave visible holes, not sure if there would be a strength issue but would really like more camber I could have :astonished:

1st world problems eh?
Yeah they're sportline 2's mate. Proper suspension. :up:

Thats the only problem with AST top mounts as you cant use the pms brace, I went back to using the omp race but used M8 bolts and large washers to secure it to the posts, its far more stable than it ever was, again I keep meaning to do testing with and without one to see if lap times are actually effected, its ok if your Roll Cage pick up points end at the turrets.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Glad you get lots of use out of this Mark. It's nice and clean for a track car! Do you run your stealth with a decat. I've got the super sport on my cup with a 182 mani and decat and have no idea if it's going to make the 102 limit

Glad you get lots of use out of this Mark. It's nice and clean for a track car! Do you run your stealth with a decat. I've got the super sport on my cup with a 182 mani and decat and have no idea if it's going to make the 102 limit

The pics make it look better than it is! :) I bought a Yozza Decat but didn't fit it, really not sure I'm going too. Good luck on the noise test :grimacing:

ASTs are on, no knocks, no rattles, no leaks, just awesome, very happy :smile: Alignment on Wednesday and track day on Sunday. I broke an Allen key in one of the rear adjuster rings, d'oh! Can't get it out, a job for another time lol

85631B1F-A034-446D-B00E-13D2740B7CAE_zpsebh05amz.jpg

Reactions: mgd
Alignment done this morning, I know the road isn't like a circuit but may have to soften the rear slightly as it was skipping on back roads, currently have all 4 corners at 7 clicks from soft.

Front....
3 deg -ve camber
5.8 deg castor
Standard toe

Rear....
-1.4 deg -ve camber
Zero toe (with the help of shims)

Rear beam is bang on straight after the rear bush job, so very happy with that!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Looks great mate, I really should have painted the inside of mine after seeing this..... Think that will be the next think on the list!! Keep up the good work :)

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
I'd agree with Tom, the 888's go off quicker than A048's as well and the side walls are no where near as stiff either so the car moves around a little more. Great tyres though sure you wont be disappointed......