ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup track toy build

Pneus-online, they've disappeared off their site though, they were £104.82 delivered, really itching to try them, I almost put them on but decided to be sensible and kill the Federals 1st :)

I had a seven for twelve months so I feel your pain with regards 'money pit'

Awesome cars though

this one, as much as I adore it, is the serious money pit.....X is big and heavier but goes well with 500+ bhp :)
5f40bde1da2abda3e938aaa1504584d0_zps39097a69.jpg

yes, 195/50/15, I just kept trawling the online tyre sites as the prices fluctuate a lot, I may have got the last two as next day I decided to get another two and they weren't even on the site :(

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah just had a quick look. I will be getting a set of four in the next few weeks. Be interested to read any reviews of people using them

That X looks proper mean, love it!

There's a X very similar to that on the Lancer Register that's running about 400/450bhp. I'm not in a position to buy yet but nice to have a look
My dad's friend has a IX MR FQ-360 in gun metal grey that I know is pretty much standard and very well looked after so hopefully I'll tee him up to sell it to me some time next year ;) had my eye on one of those since they first appeared
Will probably message you nearer the time with various things to check/look out for when I'm looking for one...

That X looks proper mean, love it!

There's a X very similar to that on the Lancer Register that's running about 400/450bhp. I'm not in a position to buy yet but nice to have a look
My dad's friend has a IX MR FQ-360 in gun metal grey that I know is pretty much standard and very well looked after so hopefully I'll tee him up to sell it to me some time next year :wink: had my eye on one of those since they first appeared
Will probably message you nearer the time with various things to check/look out for when I'm looking for one...

Gunmetal MR, superb!

Cup In bits
Cleaned up well by the looks of them :up:

Edit: just watched your video, car goes good. Do you have many tracks over in NI?

Last edited:
Cleaned up well by the looks of them :up:

Edit: just watched your video, car goes good. Do you have many tracks over in NI?

I just gave them a quick wipe! The old ones didn't look too good so these are great.
Kirkistown is the only one that has regular track days, Bishopscourt has a great circuit but not been on it as they don't do track days at all, and there's Nutts Corner that runs Rally Sprint series I will enter as soon as I get a cage sorted. Mondello near Dublin is about 2hrs from me so would like to give it a go too :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Thanks, both Evos Mot'd this week so we can have some fun on and off track, the black one hadn't moved since last June! very happy at the moment :)
Its my dream to own one
If i was single i would like to think i would have one lol

More random progress :smile:

test fitted aerocatches, never done this before and it went pretty well I think for my 1st attempt!
75DE103D-9A34-44E6-983A-FD4F2AB57F98_zpsiqivy6xx.jpg

BD945512-00B5-4E33-A94F-655E209A1216_zpsiklhijmt.jpg

A2C31247-4474-4299-AF39-43979B7ABBE5_zpskbzcx9vh.jpg

E445E490-12DB-4FDE-AAFF-783AD570D0F2_zps4okmrjsq.jpg

E14E86BC-5453-4598-916F-EB671E38E21F_zpsnngjcbcn.jpg

Looks like a good job. I am getting a fibreglass bonnet next week so will be redoing my bonnet catches. Where did you put the pins on the slam panel area?

Looks like a good job. I am getting a fibreglass bonnet next week so will be redoing my bonnet catches. Where did you put the pins on the slam panel area?

I wanted the catches themselves to sit flush on the bonnet and not on a curve, so placed them and then worried about placement of the pins afterwards, bit daft but it worked out ok.....although I did have to bend the drivers side one to work! I'll take a pic tomorrow under the bonnet :)

Cheers. It's always going to be a pain when you have a curved surface and pins on a flat surface. Mine wasn't great but fortunately it was just a scrap bonnet so not that bothered I made mess of it but I don't want to do that on the new bonnet.

I went to a local forums Rolling road day to see how healthy the Clio was.....answer is very!
176/160 for a 2002 track beaten Cup, very happy! It did three almost identical runs too :smile:
C60D1891-018A-433B-BE32-D2941B7A1EAF_zpsqggwhftp.jpg

Last edited:
Ragged cars always make good power lol
I'd love to get my car rolling roaded but theres always something else that comes first!

It does seem to work like that. I remember seeing an old evo video where they RR the Clio 200 they had been ragging for months and it made 201 bhp!