ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup from Middlesbrough

hi, new to this forum and finally got myself a clio sport, which I'm quite happy with. love driving the thing. Although it does have quite a list of things to do but it's surly will be worth it

just a couple of pics for now but as this progresses I'll be sure to keep everything updated

IMG_6643small_zpswkhydg4l.jpg

IMG_6644small_zpsrdxrs94d.jpg

thanks for looking

RB Clio 182
Looks nice mate, im nor keen on the colour coded fogs tho, and it needs a cup splitter.

What jobs need doing to get it mint?

Moro Blue Audi TT
Looks sweet im middlesbrough lad to possibly gonna get 182 when the right one comes up

Yeah the fog surrounds are on my list, along with;
-exhaust + hangers
-try to get the hight adjustment free on the coilovers as its sat wonkey as fook. I had a go the other day with a wire brush, some WD40 and C spanners with no luck. I feel a big hammer and screw driver may be necessary
-tyres all round
-tracking
-engine, gearbox and dogbone mounts
-sort out the fade on the headlights
-it seems to have a small oil leak from either round the back edge of the sump or gearbox casing (hoping its not the latter)
-service
-the wheels are desperate for a refurb as the previous owner, for reasons unbeknown to me, seems to have brushed the paint on. which would be fine but he used a real heavy brush an can see the strokes
-possibly track rod ends
-a good machine polish and wax
-and either buy new or heat treat all the trim as its all a bit tired looking and grey
performance mods with come after that lot

@dann2707 yeah I do like the Turinis. Just a shame that they're currently hand painted haha I do plan on either just tidying them up myself or getting them refurbed.

New tyres today, Michellin Pilot Sport 3's and it's getting tracked tomorrow. Any camber and toe settings suggestions? I reckon about 1.3deg of camber on the front with no toe on the front. I've only drove it to work and back and then to Yarm but it was crazy foggy so I couldn't really get a feel for them. I've had them on my Bora before the clio and they felt class on that so I'm pretty sure I wont be disappointed.
I'll also be getting stuck in cleaning up the arch liners and inner arch as they badly need a clean up. I started on one of the rears today and it must have been a quarter inch thick with dirt, made a right mess on the street!
I'll get some pictures if I have the time tomorrow

Hemington, I have a couple of mates from Acklem though @Chris205

Had a good blast down the road from Maltby to Seamer today and the clio feels awesome! I need to try and get the hight adjustment unseized though as the tyres are catching on the wheel arches under heavy cornering. Doesn't half make a difference having the tracking done. I thought it might need track rod ends because it was pulling all over the road but it's totally cleared up! and No more wheel wobble!

what other tyres are people running?

Moro Blue Audi TT
Progress sounds good im at redcar looking to get a 182 in few months but have a mate who has awsome 197 looking forward to tracking your progress

Clio 197 RB
Might see you guys around. Im from Northallerton and have a FF 197 RB. Usually around the boro area :).

Give us a shout if you needed a hand with anything?