ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup decat worth it or not?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hi all i have a scorpion cat back on my 172 cup tempted by a decat is it worth it benefits,how much should labour be to fit thanks all

Arctic 182
I love the noise of my decat :D
Missed it when I had the cat on for a week after the MOT!
It's only once a year you need to put the cat on & if you have a friendly MOT man he could always help you out! Labour, I'd guess an hour?

Arctic 182
Increase in noise definitely, mine is very raspy but I've got a full system. Tbh it does feel quicker with it on, of course it could just be the noise but it feels quicker off the mark & acceleration is better compared to when I had the cat on. I wouldn't have mine without it :D

172 cup, Impreza P1
They do give a bit more noise but also give you a flat spot that will become annoying, and swapping it every year will become very tedious. 182's would be ok but not 172's.

172 Race Car
De-cat, Horrid on the motorway, will drive you mad.

RS Tuner much better drivability, smoother running etc etc

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
jurys out rs tuner it is if i buy 1 used off here how do i then use it i hear they are locked?

Arctic 182
I'm in the process of getting the 98RON map at the minute so will soon have both. Not trying to contradict anyone but I don't find it TOO bad on the motorway tbh. The mrs on the other hand hates it! ADS1982 if it's a case of getting one or the other, definitely go for the RS Tuner. From what I've seen on here it's the best thing you can do to the Clios!

182 trackcar, XC60t6
hi, I have a 2004 p2 RS (169/172) with the original exhaust system (1 tail pipe). I am in NZ and we don't test for Cat converters here. As such is it worth ripping the Cat out and straight piping it? I would have thought the Cat sensors would go nuts and cause a problem though ? Looking for a bit more power and possibly fuel economy but expect I would need a remap (superchip etc). cheers
IMG_1591.JPG
IMG_1591.JPG ? Looking for a bit more power and possibly fuel economy but expect I would need a remap (superchip etc). cheers

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You'll get a bit more power and economy from a good remap alone. Personally, I don't rate de-CAT'n these cars.

Cost Vs Benefits just isn't worth it IMO. Then it brings on the MIL periodically which is just annoying when it happens 3 out of 5 days in the week.

Mick

320d
You'll get a bit more power and economy from a good remap alone. Personally, I don't rate de-CAT'n these cars.

Cost Vs Benefits just isn't worth it IMO. Then it brings on the MIL periodically which is just annoying when it happens 3 out of 5 days in the week.

Mick
Not on an early phase one with no post cat lambda sensor though.
On my 182 with decat it came on and stayed on which was a little annoying.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
But he hasn't got a ph1 so your point is kind of irrelevant. On a Ph2 it will have an upstream and a downstream sensor so unless the ECU is recoded to that of a single sensor setup, the MIL will illuminate.

182 trackcar, XC60t6
thanks team. Looks like leaving it alone might be the best for now. Will look at a remap. Cheers!!