ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup boosted track toy!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Re: 172 Cup track toy!

Jesus, long day!!

I'm with the AA if you want me to get them to recover it to your house?

225 meg

shame about the alternator steven and hope its an easy fix for you, couldnt get up yesterday been too busy with work :mad:

looking forward to seeing this wee beaut fully mapped and back on track :)

Cup In bits

Yeah, you too mate. It seems to be a day of fooked alternators. I was sitting with your mate for a while waiting on recovery trucks for both of us. His focus rs is very nice. Did he get back home ok?

I'll get you out next time when it's fixed and fully mapped with all the jiggles sorted out. Yours will be ready by then so it should be a good crack with the two very different clios.

Yeah he said he had a chat, ironic that you two were left sitting with same issue, bloody cold I bet too......that's becoming one of my spares now. Yeah his motor goes pretty well for what it is with slicks on, he wasn't home untill midnight, long day.

Yeah definitely, I have still not been round KH in a Clio :( my mates westfield was an eyeopener though :eek:. First Track Scotland day of next year will be my first outing at KH in the Clio, driving etiquette there was good, not any £300 bangers being hero's either.

172 cup, Impreza P1

Jesus, long day!!

I'm with the AA if you want me to get them to recover it to your house?

Cheers for that Gaz but I have the keys on me so would need to head back to the sis-in-laws anyway. Dave might say he'd prefer that though :eek:.

172 cup, Impreza P1

shame about the alternator steven and hope its an easy fix for you, couldnt get up yesterday been too busy with work :mad:

looking forward to seeing this wee beaut fully mapped and back on track :)

Gaz was saying you had to work. I'll catch you next time and get you out hopefully for some passenger laps.

Yeah he said he had a chat, ironic that you two were left sitting with same issue, bloody cold I bet too......that's becoming one of my spares now. Yeah his motor goes pretty well for what it is with slicks on, he wasn't home untill midnight, long day.

Yeah definitely, I have still not been round KH in a Clio :( my mates westfield was an eyeopener though :eek:. First Track Scotland day of next year will be my first outing at KH in the Clio, driving etiquette there was good, not any £300 bangers being hero's either.

We kept each other company and it was comforting knowing each of us had the same issue to cry about. Lol

Glad he got home but it was an even longer day for him.

The driving standard at these days is always very good and as you would have seen the cars are too. That Ferrari was giving me a semi I have to admit! There was 1 or 2 offs but it seemed to be the expensive standard cars that were going off, m3 and the Toyota gt86 thingy looked expensive mistakes.

Alternator would be 1 of my spares now if I was going racing for sure if it's done some mileage.

Cup In bits

Missed the Ferrari out on track :( the Formula Ford champion was driving as well. I was told the gt86 was trying to drift everywhere, never going to end well going through the chicane, I was out on track while he was trying to get out the tyres, he did a bolt pretty quickly from KH. Do you know the guy in the Clio that rolled over, I want to see a video of that one.

172 cup, Impreza P1

Missed the Ferrari out on track :( the Formula Ford champion was driving as well. I was told the gt86 was trying to drift everywhere, never going to end well going through the chicane, I was out on track while he was trying to get out the tyres, he did a bolt pretty quickly from KH. Do you know the guy in the Clio that rolled over, I want to see a video of that one.

Not surprised he went off then trying to drift through there.

Didn't know the guy in the Clio that rolled but felt bad for him. That was his first trackday in that direction and he rolled it before i had even been out on track so must have been in his first couple of laps. Managed to sell it on to some vulture from here called Fraser. :rasp:

Fraz, can I have the alternator please? :D

225 meg

looking good steven, are you happy with the way it preformed on its first track day?

Ph2 172 cup & 320d

Sorry had to dash away without getting a run round on track steven, the joys of being oncall! Will catch up soon , when u next up at kh?

Cup In bits

Didn't know the guy in the Clio that rolled but felt bad for him. That was his first trackday in that direction and he rolled it before i had even been out on track so must have been in his first couple of laps. Managed to sell it on to some vulture from here called Fraser. :rasp:

Aye did feel sorry for him, I thought about putting in a bid myself for some bits, maybe a bit soon for him lol but obviously not. Rare colour as well.

Your cars going well in the the video. Does it offer to spin out of mcintyres and hairpin?

172 cup, Impreza P1

looking good steven, are you happy with the way it preformed on its first track day?

Happy to a degree but definitely needs more mapping work. Car felt good but also needs the suspension geometry done before it is on track again. It got pass marks but could do better.

Sorry had to dash away without getting a run round on track steven, the joys of being oncall! Will catch
up soon , when u next up at kh?

Wondered where you'd gone. It was good you could at least pop along for a bit. I'll not be out now till next year, probably February. Do you think you'll be ready for a blast in yours by then?

I'm glad to see it up and running Steven. Sounds pretty good too.

Cheers for that. I kept meaning to get some outside shots filmed so I could hear what it sounded like doing a drive by but never. Does sound good though. I'll get the mrs to film me doing 60 in second up the street. Lol

Too cheap not to buy!

Unfortuanitly it is already sold haha

Sad news about the alternator, was wanting a passenger lap!!

I know, someone had to buy it as a scrappy had already approached him so its better to be sold in to the Clio community than a business. Like your style though but thought Gaz was going to steel it with that extra quid he offered. Ha

Aye did feel sorry for him, I thought about putting in a bid myself for some bits, maybe a bit soon for him lol but obviously not. Rare colour as well.

Your cars going well in the the video. Does it offer to spin out of mcintyres and hairpin?

Half the car was sold before it even left the paddock area. I'd get your order in soon before they're all gone. Just make sure it wasn't the windscreen, roof or doors you want as they were fooked.

Wheel spin was bad particularly at the hairpin but I just had to feather the throttle a little. I was taking it very easy with the downshifts and not over revving it but I was happy that other than the alternator, everything else came through well. Before it goes back on track it will be fully mapped, oil drip from the turbo drain fixed and the sticky rear caviller changed.

Ph2 172 cup & 320d

Yeah was long day yesterday 10pm finish after banchory had a call to glasgow then home to perth 360miles! Hey cant complain double time :) thinking around march time but as u well know things take longer that u think

172 cup, Impreza P1

Little Christmas eve update!

Finally got an alternator to get the car running again just in time before the engine is removed.

Thought I'd go for a change in direction on my turbo setup. I was offered a Garrett gt2960rs with log manifold, down pipe, deka 630cc injectors at a very good price so decided to go with it after hearing very good results from this setup to replace my megane
225 td04 and 440cc's. My megane 225 exhaust manifold, miltek down pipe, link pipe, turbo, inlet manifold, injectors and some boost pipes will be up for sale shortly. The engine needs to come out to get some niggles sorted out so I'll fit this little lot when its out.

aa-5.jpg

aa-4.jpg

Also got some rear hub spacers made with a 1deg of camber machined onto them. Hopefully get these fitted too.

aa-6.jpg

aa-7.jpg

aa-8.jpg

If it would just stop raining for 1 afternoon I could get the engine out and get started on the turbo changes but it is the UK after all.

225 Cup & Williams
172 Cup track toy!

Ooooh more power with this setup? Will the old injectors you were using fit a megane 225?

172 cup, Impreza P1

More power! 340bhp has been achieved with this setup although I think I'll probable stop at 300 as I want to use it on track and don't think the box will last long at that power.

Everything is off a megane 225 so will go straight back on. ;)

172 cup, Impreza P1

Hope so. :p

Yeah, just standard blue tab megane injectors. You looking to upgrade yours?

225 Cup & Williams
172 Cup track toy!

Ah right I thought they were bigger ones. Yeah looking to up rate at some point the standards aren't far off maxing out on my meg and that's only running 270 bhp.

225 Cup & Williams
172 Cup track toy!

ITG induction kit, bigger injectors and another remap if I keep it but I'm looking to go for a V6 Clio next year :)

172 cup, Impreza P1

Got my new alternator fitted the other day but even with a jump off my Impreza the battery was too flat to even turn the starter motor. So yesterday my new ctek mxs5.0 battery charger arrived and got it connected up and left to charge overnight. Tried again this morning and it fired up first time. Must say I'm very impressed with the charger and would recommend then to anyone with an occasional car.

Took it for a drive before the mot and tax run out on Tuesday and forgot what it felt like to spin in 1st, 2nd and 3rd and then into 4th. Got knows what over 300hp will be like with new setup. Just feels so torquey!

Need to get started on getting the engine out now but it's just so cold! Lol

172 cup, Impreza P1

Started fitting my OMP 6 point cage today with the help focrs and his welding skills. Didn't get as far as welding due to another poor fitting cage and useless platforms that are going to be binned.

Had a read through some other people's experiences with this cage and see that no one uses the OMP platforms so we're going to make our own. The platforms for the main hoop are about 25mm too low if you line the lug up with the seat belt strap bolt on the b pillar.

aa-11.jpg

And is about 10mm away from the rear arch.

aa-14.jpg

The front hoop is too wide at the feet and will take some pulling to get it to fit but nothing a couple of ratchet straps won't fix. I seen on bombers thread when he fitted his that the front platform was only about 25mm high. When we tried the front hoop, it looked like the front hoop feet could be on a 75mm platform which would mean the cage would sit closer to the roof above the windscreen which I would have thought would be better.

Also need to get some spacers to fit behind the main hoop lugs and the seat belt holes.

aa-13.jpg

Finally a shot of the rear half of the cage.

aa-12.jpg

Not decided on a colour for it yet but it's between white and orange. Think I might paint the interior white so orange might suit the cage better. Any thoughts?

172 cup, Impreza P1

Going to be spraying it diy style with rattle cans so not sure where to get mondial blue in them. Do fancy that though!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Seen you're now doing a 225 conversion!

Superb work, didn't realise you were Barrhead, i'm Penilee!

172 cup, Impreza P1

Did the 225 conversion last year but changing the setup now to a gt2860rs. Getting the cage fitted next weekend then the engine is coming out.

Yeah, Borheed mate. You're just down the road. Need to take you out for a spin when it's finished. ;)