ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16" or 17"

Abarth 500
Now the kid in me wants to put 17" supaleggs on my 172, but the sensible guy in me says stick with 16". How much off a difference does 1" do to speed and handling? i dont race on track or anything, how much will i notice on the road? cheers

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
this is what im wondering i have 17"on mine at the mo and thinking of going to 16" but like you said is that 1" really gonna make a difference,personaly i cant see it,but i could well be wrong
:dapprove:

Abarth 500
i do really fancy some anthracite supaleggs on my car, think it would look good on a black car and its got a 40mm drop.....dunno if there will some rubbage though :s

welsh172 said:
i do really fancy some anthracite supaleggs on my car, think it would look good on a black car and its got a 40mm drop.....dunno if there will some rubbage though :

++s
mine 17" rub very slight when over certain bumbs been dropped 35mm

welsh172 said:
hhhmmmm, well if its only a little thats ok, how u finding it? pain in the arse or is it ok?
its really not that bad like i said just certain bumps but honestly if it was bad then they would be off, i can live with it no prob just thought id let you know how mine are mate:)

ive got 17's on mine - no rubbing at all after a few small mods plus dont get ET37 wheels - get an ET42 and the rear wont rub at all - the front might rub a little but its fixable - Ill show you mine at the meet welsh172