ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1000'th Post: My New Racing Blue 182 - Progress Thread

2014 Clio 200t edc
I think it'd look better with some standard 182 wheels in silver, with decent tyres on.... Wanna swap? Lol

I think it'd look better with some standard 182 wheels in silver, with decent tyres on.... Wanna swap? Lol

Serious!? They mint? What tyres are on them?

Cheers Jon :) Can't wait to get down to it all. Got a ph1 indicator with horn button to put on too! Busy times ahead!
Mark I got most of the polishing gear from i4detailing, and pads and cloths from chemicalguys ~ £150 all in.

Nope complete newbie (by machine anyway!). Been doing it by hand a while now (clean/clay/polish/seal/wax etc) so already had some bits.
Got a free carry bag and pad cleaner from i4d too. Plus we get "cliosport" 7.5% discount, and DW1 gets you 15% off chemicalguysuk.

Gally gave me loads of help on recommendations of what to buy in a thread in the detailing section! Going to put another thread up there when I get round to it to chart my progress (and ask loads of questions!)

2014 Clio 200t edc
I would love to swap, and I would love some turinis, but mine aren't perfect, not that bad tho, seen worse, and two tyres will need changing soon. :( could get some on tho..;)

Update:
Got my license code from Henk today. Just loaded on the standard performance map. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet, but seems to idle much faster.
Look forward to having a drive!

DSC02433.jpg

BMW 330ci
Your car looks awesome, I'm hoping to get an RB around Feb/ March time. So I will probably be stealing some ideas :eek: hope you don't mind. Love the seats and wheel. What does the tuner actually do ? Would it be worth doing ?

I would get a second set of 182 wheels in silver, as would look awesome with silver 182 wheels, but looks equally as good with turinis.

Your car makes me wish I could get a 182 now !! lol.

If you ever sell your car/ parts give us a PM Please :) :eek:

Cheers mate! When I had my Black Non-Sport I used to dream of having a Sport and get similar comments!
Sounds great mate. I got my RB around similar time last year. If your planning on getting coilovers I'd suggest getting a non cup packed one however. Give you much more options. Still undecided on the wheels. Just keeping these for now then as and when things pop up in the For Sale section I might change.
RS Tuner basically remaps the car, improves lumpy startup and idle, and supposedly improves throttle response and power delivery.
Not going to lie I can't really tell on the latter if I'm honest! Probably because I don't often drive hard lol.

DSC02447.jpg

Thinking about fitting my Sportlines tomorrow. They've been sitting there two weeks! Its weird. Normally as soon as I buy something I want to be straight out there fitting it. But with my Sportlines I'm in no rush for some reason :eek: . Weird.

1.0 16v Clio (BR)
Thinking about fitting my Sportlines tomorrow. They've been sitting there two weeks! Its weird. Normally as soon as I buy something I want to be straight out there fitting it. But with my Sportlines I'm in no rush for some reason :eek: . Weird.

Haha same here, have my Pro-Kit for like 2-3 weeks but the issue in not time but cash. :p

Another "minor" update.

Had a bit of spare time this week, so thought I'd do a few little bits and pieces.

First off, I removed the acoustic valve. Easiest job ever:

DSC02489.jpg

DSC02497.jpg

Next thought I may as well paint my calipers. Had some Black Hammerite lying around from my previous car, so just used that.
Excuse the oxidised discs, car hasn't moved for a while:

During:

DSC02492.jpg

After:

DSC02496.jpg

DSC02493.jpg

Whilst two wheels were off I thought I may as well whip them all off, and give them a good thorough clean and seal, with all the salt around at the moment.
So first off, degreased inside and out, and cleaned using Daisy APC @ 4:1, and various brushes. Followed up with two coats of Poorboy's Wheel Sealant, and a top coat of Megs #16 wax I had lying around. Tyres cleaned and dressed with Megs Endurance Tyre Gel.

Pics before:

DSC02499.jpg

DSC02501.jpg

DSC02500.jpg

During:

DSC02494.jpg

DSC02495.jpg

And the final result, including black calipers, Excuse the arches, and not the best pics because it got dark!
Looks much better in the flesh, and should hopefully protect them through the winter until my spring detail:

DSC02503.jpg

DSC02504.jpg

Had a play with my new toy!
Autobrite Direct Snow Foam Lance + Magifoam.
Car hadn't been washed in ages so had a play with this then shampoo'd and dried.
Unfortunately didn't have a camera, so got no shots of after, but also fully washed/hoovered the interior, tyre dressing etc.
Also for the first time polished my Yozza using Autosol + wire wool. Came out gleaming - much better than the black it used to be!

IMG00056-20120311-1448.jpg

IMG00059-20120311-1449.jpg

IMG00064-20120311-1449-PS1.jpg

IMG00062-20120311-1449.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Just seen your thread, how comes you looking for turinis? Fancy going silver?

Also apologies about yesterday's meet. Like Brian, I see you with Sam but thought you was he's friend :eek: even though it was poo weather, not a bad 1st meet for ya. There's another one in April closer to you so pop along to that one if your free :)

Hi mate.
Yea no worries, I think a lot of people did ha.
I will probably be coming to the Grasshopper one too!

I just prefer the Renault Turinis to the Speedline ones lol. Not fussed about colour!
Plus reckon its easier to just get a mint set rather than get these resprayed and new tyres. Coz the front tyres on these are shocking!

Your car looks even nicer in the flesh!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
You should put the sportlines on first to see how you get on. If you don't like them (you will btw) or they don't go low enough then you can consider getting coilovers, but for a decent set your looking at £700+

Yea I will get round to it lol.
Yea that's the thing aha. I'd only go for Spax, H&R or better. And I really don't have the money to be spending that much on my car!
Trouble with being cup packed. Limits your choice much more.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I know mate, I'm in the same boat! Currently saving for spax myself.

Its just mad that youve got a set of new sportlines and haven't put them on yet (how long have you had them?!) lol

Got them for my birthday, on the 28th January!
I know, its weird, normally whenever I get something new, I want to get it fitted asap. But the sportlines, I don't know lol. Waiting for a day I'm really bored ha.

Small update:
Bought a Ktec panel filter of Sam(Wick) at the North Weald meet. Got it fitted:

As usual the short jobs end up taking longer than they should thanks to dropping a torx bit down the engine bay!

DSC02624.jpg

Re: 1000'th Post: My New Racing Blue 182 - Progress Thread *UPDATE*

Finally fitted my Sportlines, the drop is okay I think personally! (Although looking at my comparison pics below it wouldn't appear to have dropped at all, but still!)
Also picked up a new set of Turinis yesterday, The Renault ones. And in silver.
Over the moon with how it looks now tbh.
Silver + RB go so well I think!

Haven't got many pictures, will get out and take some proper ones soon:

DSC02675PS1.jpg

Before:

DSC02632.jpg
DSC02633.jpg

After:

DSC02645.jpg
DSC02646.jpg

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
I dropped an engine cover bolt down my bay and found it 3 months later when under the car ha.

Your car has just convinced me to get my white Turinis refurbed in silver when I get them professionally done. Car looks stunning!

Fiesta ST-3
Does look much better with the silver wheels!

Also, I have just received the autobrite HD lance and magifoam... it's fantastic isn't it!

Update: September 2012

Got a set of Sabelt Harnesses to go with my Recaros.
I've managed to fit them whilst retaining the existing belts, so I've got the option for both.
They're 3 point, with a buckle in the rear strap, so I can undo this if I ever need passengers in the back easily.

Pics:

DSC03361.jpg

DSC03363.jpg

Mounted on the rear 3/4 position, whilst leaving in the rear belts:

DSC03364.jpg

Mounted using special brackets from MSAR safety, retaining all pretensioners, buckles and OEM belts:

DSC03366.jpg