ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 Clio -- Cold Air Feed

1.2 16V MKII
so can i just ask, wot wud be a good induction 2 use? and are they sore on fuel?
im not familiar at all with the clio with induction kits, so anymore pics wud be great.
thx ty.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
The one i got at the moment is (to me) very good, nice sound when accerelating, and looks nicer as a IK than others i think, Though Green induction kits are a nice colour too! lol

Phase 1 172, boxster
im gonna get a green kit, either a single or a twin cone kit, they do look so nice, also get a decent cold air feed for it too.

ClioII 1.2L 2003
The one i got at the moment is (to me) very good, nice sound when accerelating, and looks nicer as a IK than others i think, Though Green induction kits are a nice colour too! lol

Hi I'm new to the forum

I also have a 1.2 16V 2003 Clio but sedan ( Middle East Version )
could you kindly post pics of the internal setup of the intack

Amr

Ktec'd 1.2 16v Sport
1.2 16v MkII Ph1
My question is this: If I just replace rectangle air filter with K&N 33-2860 air filter and redirect the air intake pipe which currently runs to the passenger side to the front grill, Would I notice an improvement or do I need a IK? (K&N 57-0412 seems to be the one) On a 1.2 is it really gonna matter?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
PSALM== You may notice a difference in power and mobility of the revs... but no sound what so ever! :p

if u are looking for performance then a panel filter is good enough, but if u want the sound aswell, a IK is best :)

AMR == I will take photo's tomorrow for you :) Though the setup of the engine may be different to yours as yours is a newer model

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Yea it is the best place to get information, as its all about the same cars i guess!

I have learnt a lot since i joined this forum! Its great!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive been though loads of different set ups on my engines and found out the following...

k-tecs relocation kit is the worst for power, it sucks in hot air from the radiator, the inlet length is FAR to long so the engine looses torque. pulling away on a hot day is really bad, car judders due to heat soak and lack of torque.

open induction kits wont increase power no matter how many cold air feeds you have due to the fact they still suffer from heat soak.

imo the best setup is standard airbox, pannel filter, ditch the standard cold air feed for something wider and run it to the standard location, this way its easy to route, short and the standard location is seperated from the engine by the battery surround and has a air duct behind the grill taking cold air through the grill to there.

i cut open my air box and modified it by removing the 2 chambers that allow the airbox to hold the same amount of air but without giving a loud induction noise and cut a lot away to make it much more free flowing, i found this to give a massive induction roar (more than any induction kit i tried!) and gave a good performance increase.

at the end of the day NO air filter or induction kit is going to make your 1.2 faster, but choose the right setup and you will notice a difference to the way it drives! so i find it best to stay cheap with the setup, but i know middo had good results with a pipercross viper but at the end of the day its a lot of money for low gains.

1993 clio 1.8 16v
is there many people out ere with 1.8 16v mk1 clio :evil:

and cold air flow i putting twin lights in my 16v and using inside light hole as my cold air flow ..:clown:

ClioII 1.2L 2003
Cheers mate!
so impressed with info on this forum just signed up for membership!!:clap:keep up good work.

here is a link i found of a full kit rather than just the K&N.
http://www.hillpower.co.uk/images/photo/12 ind01.jpg

Disadvantages of this system as discussed earlier in this thread is that the pipes are metal and they just suck the heat coming from the engine making the engine swallow hot air rather than cold

Amr

Ktec'd 1.2 16v Sport
think i'll go for the new K&N filter with a larger feed pipe to the original box. cost over gains don't really seem worth it, as i wont be modding it too much.

Martin 89 any chance of a photo to see how you did yours with the cutting. Cheers