ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v 0-100 curiousity.

320d
Well at the title says what are approximate times for a 1.2 16v to get to 100 i know the sports are around 17 but i was wondering what my 1.2 16v does it in. and before people says who cares its a 1.2 etc i'm just wondering i dont think its fast or anything..........

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Hmm, well had one for nearly 2 years, and I'd say never if there's a headwind, the speedo is miles out and will only do 106mph anyways!

Mine did 106mph GPS, no more.
I reckon about 25-30 seconds to 100, I could just about get 100 (indicated) in 4th.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
mine used to do GPS 112 lol that was 120 indicated

I'm pretty sure thats impossible with standard gearbox + standard rev limit + standard wheels, plus the fact it hasn't got the power to hit the redline in 5th...

320d
well official top speed is 106 so that would be an indicated 110ish on the speedo and it does 60 in 12.6 seconds but i'd say it takes ages longer to hit 100 but thats on a slight incline. Not realy bothered anyway was just wondering.

Mine did 106mph GPS, no more.
I reckon about 25-30 seconds to 100, I could just about get 100 (indicated) in 4th.
100 in 4th?! and it didn't deafen you or implode?

Had another 200rpm to go lol, was quite happy, after 10k in my hands it used to rev quite freely, probably saw 5k most days.
I still see it around, the family that bought it are still very happy with it.

2014 Focus Titanium
mine done 0-80 in 17 seconds so maby about 25/30 secs?

I would guess they would hit 100 in about 50-60secs. A standard Saxo VTS will do it in 21, a VTR in 29.

A VTR is far quicker than a 1.2 16v, with about 40% more power:weight than the 1.2.

ST
My Giant XTC can do 0-100 quicker...

I'm willing to bet a fair amount of money that it actually can't.

Talk to me...

terrytibbs.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
^i doubt it, i managed a 10.5 with no rear seats, no carpets, no door cards, no spare wheel or tool kit along with a decated stainless system , pannel filter and modified airbox with a huge cold air feed! rr @83bhp!

woops alan posted before me, that was aimed at comment above his

EDITL just found a video of mine doing 0-90 in just under 25 so im guessing 30 seconds.

VaVa
I was just about to say they'll be a speedo vid of a 1.2 doing 130 and getting there in under 30 seconds in a minute. LOL

^i doubt it, i managed a 10.5 with no rear seats, no carpets, no door cards, no spare wheel or tool kit along with a decated stainless system , pannel filter and modified airbox with a huge cold air feed! rr @83bhp!

EDITL just found a video of mine doing 0-90 in just under 25 so im guessing 30 seconds.

I took the spare tyre out and waited till my petrol light came on...im only 8 1/2 stone
and at the time I had a pipercross cone on it.

320d

tbh mate it would have been easyer to buy a 1.4 16v

BMW M135i
Ph1 is limited to 104 and a ph 2 is limited to 107 I think.

Limited by what? A complete lack of any power? lol.

Erm very slow i'd guess, seem to remember mine taking a age to hit a ton. Got to be 30-40secs i'd have thought.

Actually for a 1149cc car they are very quick..I hate other clio owners slagging off 1.2's
Not like you can drive at 100mph is it!!
Just jealous that we have cheap tax and insurance.;)

There is alot of other car owners that could **** your slow 1*2's but have probably got better things to do.

The only place I see any use for a 1*2 is being a boy racer from the lights.