ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

02 Reg 1.2 16V Jerky Running Help

1.2 16v Dynamique
Hi all

I'm after some advice. Got in the car to drive home late last night and it seemed very spluttery and jerky when I first started it up, I assumed this was just due to the cold damp night air. For the 20 minute drive home at slow speeds, especially under 20 mph and in second gear, the car is very jerky when you accelaerate, like you are rapidly pumping the throttle pedal and it is trying to accelerate but holding back.

Drove the missus to work this morning and it is still doing the same thing, it is a lot worse at slow speeds once you get up to 30+ it all seems ok, and it isn't there if you really accelerate hard, it only seems to be there under normal acceleration and slow cornering.

I took the car on a 500 mile round trip this weekend to see the family in Wales and this jerkiness wasn't there before I left, not sure if this has affected something.

Anyone have any ideas what this might be, I was thinking coil packs?!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andy:approve:

Last edited:
  RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
coil pack or spark plugs. Change the plugs first to see if it improves.