ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£5000 budget For mods what to do?

Listerine & Poledo
All replicas are a total waste of money when a genuine article is already a pittence.

Not only would you be driving a lie that has all the sporting credential of an old jizzy sock, but it's a replica of a car you could just buy for little more than a grand.

Just leave your current Clio as is, try not to bin it, then get something else later with the money you've saved.

Face it, if you make your replica, then barrel-roll it down a drive-through, you'll be even more gutted than if you'd just left it alone.

New drivers really should be restricted to 100% standard vehicles....maybe with auto takes and stabilisers added on, so actually 99% standard

Phase 1 172
I got this car when I passed my test at Christmas and I have made 5k from saving up from birthdays and my job etc im not spending 5k on it at all! just wanted some ideas that's all :(

Birthday's'? are you the queen? lol

you have saved 5k in 4 months?! you clearly have enough money coming in to insure a 172.... or something better...

Havt read this whole thread and don't know how old you are, but I'm 19 and have a clio 172 insured fully comp with a claim against me and only a years and a half driving experience. If I can insure one, I'm sure you'll be able to aswell! Put it towards a decent car mate :)

R

rhys davies

I have a 1.2 dyanmique in pearl black and only done the sensible mods such as grill alloys yellow foglights alloys and spoiler and a sound system and didnt really affect my insurance im nearly 19 and looking a fiesta zetec s/cupra/182 save the money do some minor mods and move up best thing to do its a waiting game mate plus you pull up in a 1.2 replica at the lights and mr singh blows you in his 1.3 cdx delivery car your going to look stupid lol

Cup interior isnt better than the 1.2 interior, put normal 172 seats in not cup ones, or if you want to spend some cash get some recaros from the 182 trophy model, they hold their value well anyway so you can always sell them on later on when you upgrade to a 172 :) Paint is money gone, but only you can decide if you love the cup colour so much that you want to spend the cash on it I guess!

Renault clio 2005
To the Op I would not spend 5k on the car on mods Your insurance could almost triple unless you are on third party only cover. If I was you I would spend maybe 2k on a decent dci then spend another grand on mods and you would have a very very nice first car. Or Keep that and slam it decent set of wheels and nice spacers. Make the car your own don`t make a replica. By the way £500 seems a very good deal for that car. :)

This is my first post but, you could spend your '£5k' at this place www.sandyssuperstars.com with the LAAAAAADS, i suggest taking everyone thats saved you from making the wooorst decision of your life in this thread. Your welcome.

Ph2 Flamer
Jesus the poor guy stopped replying almost a month ago and 2 pages back. He's basically had the Cliosport Hair-dryer treatment.
Like the look of Erica at www.sandyssuperstars.com from the above post though!

There's enough 17 year olds out there that have trouble controlling the immense power of a 1.2, what makes you think a 172 is a good idea? I mean by the time you can afford to insure one you'll still be too immature to drive it, going by the 'buy £500 car and spend 10 times that on making it look s**t' attitude you have.