ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£3,500 for a new car, what Clio to buy?

Clio V6
Saturday was a sad day for me as my beloved Vee was sold. I've now got about £3,500 for it's replacement and I'm 90% sure it will be another Clio. Anyone know any gems out there around this price?

A Cup looks like the best option or am I being optimistic? :)

Stagecoach Ticket
you could get a ph2 for that money easily or you could get a mint ph1 and change as above

seen a few 172 cups around for sub 3k depends what sort car ur after a mint one or abit of a project?

Clio V6
I'm not expecting a top quality example but would ideally want dent free bodywork and sub 70k on the clock.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'd have a cup for that price, but i didnt pay much more than that for my 182 during the high prices of this time last year! So options are out there...

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'd drive a few and decide what you want. The ph1 feels different to the ph2, which you prefer is personal.

clio 172 phase 1
you would get a very tidy and maybe low mileage, but by no standards MINT phase 1 for 2000-2500! Then either bag the £1500 or spend on mods??

320d
I'd go for the best example of a ph1 or ph2 you can find if you have no preference. I'd just look around for the one in the best condition with history etc.

Clio V6
Very nice looking Cup that, good spot. Much prefer the blue but will consider it as it appears to be in very good condition :)

Clio V6
Thanks mate, will hopefully look at it during the weekend as it's not far away. Will update this thread then :)

Clio V6
Not seen that one yet, thanks.

Going to look at a navy blue 172 tonight. 80k on the clock, cambelt changed and good condition. It's up for £3,200, what do you think? I reckon it's worth closer to £2,750?

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Just done a quick search. You could probably get this for 3,500!

http://pistonheads.com/sales/1945943.htm

Love silver cups :)

That's a bargain! Makes me think I paid a little too much (£3600 in Jan 2010) for my Blue Cup with 15000 more miles on it :/

Thats been in a front ender

S

Just out of interest, are you table to tell from the photo of the engine bay? The only thing I can see wrong (don't know the name of it) is the block that should be attached to the front of the manifold is missing.