ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£150K spare?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Therein lies your blinkered failings dear boy...

FLOL! Behave yourself. You naturally biased!

But a few of you are so JDM blinkered it's scary!

Oh what have I started.

I obviously wasn't basing it on driving, but I never said I was. I based it purely on what I like. Whilst the NSX seems to be the new fad on here, I don't really see the attraction.

I'd have a 430/458/Lambo even an R8 over an NSX.

Call it brand snobbery, penis extension or whatever. Or maybe I just like cars from this century? Lol.

Agree with frenchie, and it's nowt to do with brand snobbery. The simple truth is, for 100k there is alot better cars across the board. Both on Looks, prestige, performance, drivability!

NSX, Failed supercar. Close the book! ;)

What if you already have all of those super massive awesome gay cars, and want an NSX as well? Rich. Some people are.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
No one is questioning the badge on it's own. As HONDA make a very good car. However pitched against something for 100k+ is where eyebrows are raised. This example aside as it's a specialun i appreciate that!

Yes but that's your frame of reference to £100k. Some people already have the cars you lust after (or they don't want them) and have lots of spare cash (as per title).

Turbos.
Ultimately, there are people who want to be different, and there are people who wish to conform, and simply impress their peers. Whatever lofty ideals people have about their personaliies, there is a reason why there are bzillion Ferraris and mere hundreds of NSXs.

What is annoying about Ali's comments, is that you've clearly never looked into the motivation of wanting an NSX. You just look at the raw data. But that's not stopped you still coming up with the same comments, every time! lol...

I'm all for a debate on the NSX being crap, a waste of money or whatever, but you've never actually backed it up with anything more than substantial that "it's a Honda."

For some lucky people, money is just money. The guy is just testing the market tolerance for this NSX-R. Anyway, people spend huge money on classic cars, which handle like s**t. Fcuk me, they even have wheel arch gap FFS! Does it make them crazy? No, they have other reasons for loving the car.

I love Soichiro Honda's story. I love the commitment. I love that they built a factory to make one car. I love that it was built without compromise, and never made any money. I love that they didn't care, and blindly carried on making it for 15 years. For me, that is why you can't just compare an NSX on performance stats, as it represents more than just a car. And that's why it is an icon, and why an F430 - a great car, but essentially an automotive way of keeping with the jones' - will never be remembered in the same way.

Turbos.
BTW, i know a little about the F430 ;)

What could have been!

view017.jpg

nsxr003.jpg

view018.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Ultimately, there are people who want to be different, and there are people who wish to conform, and simply impress their peers. Whatever lofty ideals people have about their personaliies, there is a reason why there are bzillion Ferraris and mere hundreds of NSXs.

What is annoying about Ali's comments, is that you've clearly never looked into the motivation of wanting an NSX. You just look at the raw data. But that's not stopped you still coming up with the same comments, every time! lol...

I'm all for a debate on the NSX being crap, a waste of money or whatever, but you've never actually backed it up with anything more than substantial that "it's a Honda."

For some lucky people, money is just money. The guy is just testing the market tolerance for this NSX-R. Anyway, people spend huge money on classic cars, which handle like s**t. Fcuk me, they even have wheel arch gap FFS! Does it make them crazy? No, they have other reasons for loving the car.

I love Soichiro Honda's story. I love the commitment. I love that they built a factory to make one car. I love that it was built without compromise, and never made any money. I love that they didn't care, and blindly carried on making it for 15 years. For me, that is why you can't just compare an NSX on performance stats, as it represents more than just a car. And that's why it is an icon, and why an F430 - a great car, but essentially an automotive way of keeping with the jones' - will never be remembered in the same way.

All fair!

And in reality you share the same passion for the NSX as i do for the V6. So i shouldn't really gripe at any of the comments.

I don't think i've ever gel'd with the JDM scene or any scene come to think of it. In fairness to the NSX is does have a great story, it does come from racing pedigree & it clearly has a clique of followers that apprecate it for what it is.

Issue with this one in particular is that it will only ever be show car?! Realistically, it will never been used in the manner it was designed! Pity.

*Edit - NSX R looks stunning in that pic, i've said this before, HONDA's pioneered white!! (I'll have the Ferrari thanks! :))

Yeah I'd rather have the NSX out of those two. I don't like cars that are desperately trying to look 'pretty'. F430 makes you look like a massive mincer.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

People spend huge money on classic cars, which handle like s**t. Fcuk me, they even have wheel arch gap FFS! ................. :(

The last bit has a little Clio V6 feel to it Rob. Even my car to a certain extent. We both love our cars for what they are. FFS the Jew won't even sell his but people could say it's just a clio.

It's a piece of motoring history to some extent so i'm surprised Ali doesn't see you point more.

The V6 was build with very little compromise I mean they put a Laguna engine in the back of a clio. That's mental to think of mass manufacturer doing that.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

The last sentence is heroic... and exactly the reason why I love it.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
FUUUUUU Ali! Just spent 5 minutes posting that!

lol!

No i do totally see Fenn's point. I have been unfair over the HONDA NSX-Jazz...I take it back.

It's tough, because the Ferrari will draw all manner of folk, the passionate owners, the corporate rollers and celebs...So it's a car designed for the masses. However it still oooozes passion and excites me on a level no other car does. It's got Enzo's soul imprinted in it! The NSX is the only Honda that has "That passion" Right/wrong/Who cares?

Turbos.
lol!

No i do totally see Fenn's point. I have been unfair over the HONDA NSX-Jazz...I take it back.

It's tough, because the Ferrari will draw all manner of folk, the passionate owners, the corporate rollers and celebs...So it's a car designed for the masses. However it still oooozes passion and excites me on a level no other car does. It's got Enzo's soul imprinted in it! The NSX is the only Honda that has "That passion" Right/wrong/Who cares?

I am glad we have turned a corner!x

You ever seen a Ferrari meet? Old boys in red jackets at country manors. Not exactly the same as a supercar meet in LA!!

Remember Enzo didn't like the road cars ;) He was also known as an utter cnut.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The F430 oozes lottery win, selling your council house and moving to Marbella with your orange, gaptoothed children.

I love Ferraris, don't get me wrong. But I'd rather have an F355... the connoisseurs choice of 'modern' Ferraris.

I'd take the NSX-R over either, but you know that already.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The F430 oozes lottery win, selling your council house and moving to Marbella with your orange, gaptoothed children.

I love Ferraris, don't get me wrong. But I'd rather have an F355... the connoisseurs choice of 'modern' Ferraris.

I'd take the NSX-R over either, but you know that already.

Think I'd go for a 360cs for a modern Ferrari.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
F*ck, you've got me. Same here.

Odd how I always forget about the CS.

I dunno though, the F355 is better looking.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ Agree with India. The F360cs is the ultimate modern day Ferrari for me. It's everything that defines Ferrari, Passion, Performance, Raw, "Prestige!!"

And yeh, a few of the Ferrari boys came on a Pistonheads run. They were being very...conservative put it that way! But hey, it's not all about raggin the c**t off the car!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I dislike 360's. The CS is nice but the standard one I really dislike.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
There was a 360cs hanging around after lemans. Sounded stunning, although the owner was gobsmackes at Naiths meg lol.

BMW E36 328i Sport
Nsx is a great car but if I had the cash it would be the Ferrari that I'd buy.

Always wanted a Ferrari