ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£10k 172

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I’d easily say it was the cleanest 1*2 I’ve seen, and probably on par with Phase1sr’s 172.

It was THAT good. And, topically, sold for £4,500.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
225   0   0
  TCR'd 172
Yeah, I’d easily say it was the cleanest 1*2 I’ve seen, and probably on par with Phase1sr’s 172.

It was THAT good. And, topically, sold for £4,500.

Yes I saw the car when lawro had it it was mint! The bloke who did that to it wants his bollox kicking up round his neck!
What a f**king mess?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Disagree.

I’m not saying I would personally pay £10k but there’s certainly people out there that would. But let’s see what happens to it..

And as time ticks by these cars are only becoming fewer and further between...

Not forgetting that when we're all chauffeured around in our electric-powered, four-wheeled Google seats - small, chuckable 'fun' cars will undoubtedly have a lot of appeal.

Assuming it's not taxed out of existence through burning fossil fuels, or £25k in insurance because there's a non-autonomous squidgy human behind the controls.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's worth adding what it looked like when he sold it - https://www.cliosport.net/threads/m555-jeh-renaultsport-clio-182-£4-500.751631/#post-10386992

From one of the best to one of the worst in a single owner change.

For the record, Lawro sold it to someone, who I then bought it off, and then sold on to shane. I only had it 3 months and then my work circumstances changed and I just didnt have anywhere to store it. I paid £3500 for it, sold it to shane for £3000 as the gearbox was whining and I didn’t have the time to look into it. Other than that it was immaculate, think even shane was suprised when he saw it. Wished I’d of been able to keep it. And this thread is the first I’ve seen what has been done to it. Just paid £10 to become a member again to reply haha. Still looked like this when I had it back in 2016.

37D73862-7CA7-49FE-9933-B06BD2B2EE57.jpegD3671373-C2C7-4DAC-BFAD-6941EDB54138.jpeg7403C4D4-74B7-47DD-9172-93CD4157C34D.jpeg

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Front number plate is hanging off, did someone try stealing it again and the new owner has now decided to use vinyl?

Anyway... This was my favourite Silver 182, and even in it's current spec looks to be kept in nice condition in those photos.

But, does anyone fancy a 172 Cup for £10,000 ?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Pics do that advert no help whatsoever.

Take it somewhere half decent and take some semi decent photos. Nothing arty, but better than a dark night picture or a wheel in front of a Xmas free.

I'd be put off by the pics alone, even if I was spending a little less money. Cenrtainly for 10k.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sure when she bought it the asking price was about 6k. Polishes it, posts pics on fb a million times of it being polished, says it's a keeper never letting this one go, (de ja vue with her last cup) then lists for sale at laughable price. Takes hump on fb when gets slated and removes ad. dreamer

This is spot on. The car was literally bought for near that price, then polished.
Polishing a turd now adds 4K.

That said anyone want to buy my cup? I've just polished it so must be worth 8k now easy!?
It's missing the door badges too and has near 90k on the clock.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least it's getting used properly unlike half of most Clio owners that just look at them and polish them on a weekend like they're something exotic

This, a thousand times this. It's not to my taste, but at least it's different from the 99% of Clio's in the UK that have been modified in exactly the same way! Everything on @shanemac's car could be easily reversed too, not that it should be as it's his car to do whatever he wants to!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Might still be for sale when you've saved enough.
Don't think my cup was much more than 10k when I got her new.

this is true. when I bought my first cup new in 2003 I paid 10500 as I had no trade in got a good deal, they were cheap as chips tbf. ive spent all weekend polishing my current one getting it ready for sale, someone will be getting a bargain at £9000. ?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you'd struggle to change bumpers, wings and a bootlid, then maybe modifying cars isn't for you ?

And do you propose I change the roof as well?

Make a custom rear bumper that accommodates that exhaust or do I change the exhaust as well?

Refit windows and all the ballache that takes?

So just source and fit a front and rear bumper, two wings, roof, boot, exhuast, windows, regulators etc, all body parts in the correct colour, to fit to a car worth about 3k.

Easy.

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I admit filling that hole would be the only hard part. (I somehow managed to ignore the roof vent in my initial look, too)

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I forgot, if I recall, Lawro's had a V6 spoiler that he had painted, so that wouldn't be cheap nor easy to replace like for like either.

The cost of taking it back to standard (like for like) would probably be more than the value of the car.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not saying it would be worth it, just judging the work it'd take to do, going by the pics.

I cba arguing though, so lets agree to disagree.