ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WWDC 2011 & iOS5

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Re: WWDC 2011

A lot of people seem to be having issue that i have never seen on mine. My battery life is fine, it has never entered safe mode etc etc etc

I have only really had a couple of program issue on mine, nothing major.

I use it on my main device as well

Ibiza FR

I had no trouble going back to iOS 4.3, just put it in DFU mode and plugged it into iTunes (downgraded back to 10.3) said restore and finished as normal...

AK

M240i
I'm rolling 5 on my main device.

Obviously there's going to be issues.. That's what betas are for.

Tesla MP3 2021

5 is awesome, wouldnt look back to be honest, even through the Beta's!

Bus w**ker

Oh the Irony lol
LOL didn't even think about that!
Not sure what people are expecting for a developer only beta?

It's not intended to be used on your main device.

Officially you can't go back to iOS 4. I'm sure you can though if you try hard enough.
I've been hammering my phone all day, more so than I did on 4.3.3 as it's "new", and I haven't so far noticed a problem (except for AK iMessaging me). Fair enough it's a stage three beta but I still expected to run into some bugs, possibly even major ones. Only complaint I have is that I've struggled to easily find things such as the camera on lock screen (didn't know I had to press the home button first) and getting certain notifications to show up or behave how I want...but I got there in the end and am impressed.

Last edited:
  Ibiza FR

Looks like they have dropped the plastic Macbook for the cheaper Air too...
No optical drive on the Mini dissapoints me, I was going to buy one aswell!

Yeah but I'm going to throw the 13" away soon. Will probs get an iPad though. I don't like having two laptops anymore. Prefer to have everything centralised on the one machine, and use the iPad for spamming and wanking.

57 Clio Campus Sport

For some reason all my posts are doubling. I don't see how they can get rid of white. Air has **** specs tbh compared to the White. For the same spec as an £850 White I got in 2009 I would have to pay £1350 for the equivalent Air or £1000 for the Pro.

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab

I might have upgraded my air had they put a 256gb drive in the 11", would be the perfect machine then

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member

Does anyone have any trouble with their @me.com email address on iOS5? Mine just permanently says 'Checking for mail' but never downloads any and the last update was the 18th at about 6pm.

I have managed to send an email from it though?

BG 182
All updated. Seems to only be bug fixes and windows wireless sync?

I did notice that web send ing an iMessage that it doesn't do the little timer any more. The name of the person just goes from green to blue?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1

Also the over-air Update is working now by the looks of it. Didn't notice it working before.

Settings> General> Software Update

Bus w**ker
Did OTA this morning...took an hour. In other news I have a hangover so I'm still in bed.

In more news I f**king hate the Facebook app, with a passion.

521dd6dc-c3df-8ec9.jpg

It's got so much worse since they fiddled with it so they have more control without going through Apple updates.

Bus w**ker

Finally Wifi sync is available for Windows, works well too.

Anyone running a NAS with iTunes server able to confirm or deny if wifi sync works that way too?

Bus w**ker

And turned it off already. It's a nice feature and I like iTunes, what I don't like is it constantly re-opening iTunes after I've closed it.

Tesla MP3 2021

I hope this isn't true!!!

http://www.macrumors.com/

Apple Disabling iOS 5 Beta Installs and Developer Accounts Over Sales of Device Slots? [Updated: Old Betas Expiring?]

Friday August 5, 2011 12:26 pm PDT by Eric Slivka

ios5_icon.jpg

Since late yesterday, MacRumors has received a few reports of users who have seen their devices running various beta versions of iOS 5 shutting down and returning to activation mode. The reports have been sporadic, with some users suggesting that earlier beta versions may simply have been expiring and been disabled by Apple.

But according to a report from Karthik.K (via AppleInsider), the deactivations appear to be a concerted effort by Apple to crack down on registered developers who have been selling off extra beta slots to offer non-developers access to iOS 5 beta versions. Developers who have sold off their slots are apparently reporting that Apple has shut down their accounts over the violation of the company's developer terms, which limit beta iOS installations to the developer's own devices for testing purposes.Many of my developer friends have reported that Apple has sent an email warning which said that they have identified the developer to be selling his slots for some users to get early preview of iOS.

And Apple has started closing the developer accounts for selling the slots and also, have flagged the UDIDs associated with that dev account, thus making the iOS 5 device unusable.

Many developers have received this letter and immediately banned their account from the developer’s program.

Once Apple locks your iOS device, the phone will enter the initial setup mode asking you to connect to a WiFi network. And nothing happens more than that.

Apple allows developers to register up to 100 devices to a single developer account, which costs $99 per year. Each developer can submit a list of Unique Device Identifiers (UDIDs) to be registered under their account, and some users have taken to selling off those device slots to non-developers for $5-10 apiece in order to pay for their own developer access and make a small profit. Going even further, entire websites have even sprung up to facilitate the direct sale of such slots.

As a result of those beta slot sales, access to the iOS 5 has been relatively wide open, facilitating significant disclosures about the next-generation mobile operating system despite many of the details technically being covered by non-disclosure agreements between Apple and its developers.

It is unclear why it has taken Apple so long to crack down on the behavior, as the selling of beta slots has been an open secret for quite some time. iOS 5 is set for a public release sometime this "fall", with the general consensus being that it should appear alongside the iPhone 5 in September or October.

Update: Most of those reporting that they were affected by the issue note that they were running either Beta 1 or Beta 2 of iOS 5, both of which have expired. We have received scattered reports of users on Beta 3 and Beta 4 being affected, but those may be erroneous. Consequently, the issue may simply be expiring early beta versions as we initially supposed.

We are still looking for more reports of users on iOS Beta 3 or the current Beta 4 who can confirm being affected.

AK

M240i

Applearantly beta 5 is out... not coming up in my Software updates though.

Edit: Ah I see

According to Apple, in order to install iOS 5 beta 5 over the air, you will first have to backup your device through iCloud. Then delete everything on your device by going to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Finally, start the over the air update by going to Settings > General > Software Update.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2011/08/06/download-ios-5-beta-5/