ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WWDC 2011 & iOS5

57 Clio Campus Sport
Re: WWDC 2011

Just updated to this but having problems with my apps. Backed up. Restored to Beta 3. Restored from backup. On iTunes in the iPhone App Preview section it shows all my apps as they should be but on the actual iPhone none of them are there. Any ideas?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

How are you guys finding 'Personal Dictionary'.. Does Steve let you use naughty words now?

Fingers crossed its very user friendly

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

It has to be said that these are a bizarre set of updates, Apple seem to be adding long standing "missing pieces" with each beta, I can't remember them doing this before.

Battery life is vastly improved in b3.

AK

M240i
It has to be said that these are a bizarre set of updates, Apple seem to be adding long standing "missing pieces" with each beta, I can't remember them doing this before.

Battery life is vastly improved in b3.

What's new?

I've read the link posted but nothings jumping out as new?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Battery is still bad, but nothing like B2.

This looks like a 5 release beta program to me, because they have fixed 85% of the problems already. So GM will be in two releases time.

57 Clio Campus Sport

Managed to sort it, don't think iTunes updated properly. Then it messed up my last backup so I have had to start from scratch again which is a bit annoying.

I don't know how but I also missed Beta 2. Wireless sync = awesome.

I think Beta 3 is mainly fixes.

Battery is still bad, but nothing like B2.

This looks like a 5 release beta program to me, because they have fixed 85% of the problems already. So GM will be in two releases time.

Whats it like in comparison to B1? B1 was fine for me but B2 was a joke.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I'm on 81% which is about what i would be on with iOS4. With b2 I'd have been down to somewhere between 30-40%.

Bus w**ker

What's new?

I've read the link posted but nothings jumping out as new?

Off the top of my head, individual tones for pretty much everything, seems to be the thing most are raving about. Personally I'll miss everyone in the room reaching for their phone when Tri Tone rings out. :(

57 Clio Campus Sport

I've always used bell for texts. I wouldn't mind being able to set my own tones without having to JB. Nothing comes close to "You've Got Mail".

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

plus every place that has the isp download is like only downloading at 15kb a sec :/

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member

Anybody else have issues with AppStore on beta 3? Mine doesn't like searching for apps or the top 25, it just says 'loading' until I get bored and quit

Last edited:
  57 Clio Campus Sport

Wireless syncing is awesome. I even plugged it in with USB while it was transferring some music wirelessly so it would speed up. Thought I would have to restart sync, but it just carried on transferring but faster.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

how do i switch back to ios4?? battery life is a joke! 100% to nothing in 4 hours lol!

57 Clio Campus Sport

Apparently we can't start threads for things that aren't out yet. Obviously different rules apply in Apple than Console...

Mine drains on standby overnight which it didn't do on Beta 1 but does on Beta 3.

Bus w**ker

Missing LockInfo and SBSettings so frickin' badly. But apart from that iOS 5 is a definate improvement over 4.3.x (not crashing to safe mode near enough daily is good enough for me), don't see it as a massive leap though more like small improvements that should have come as part of iOS 4.0. If anything I'd say it's more iOS 4.5...but I suppose that doesn't sound as impressive in the headlines.

Rav4

I am having issues.

Keeps crashing all the time, randomly. Sometimes it's very unresponsive and just hangs on a screen, which I then have to restart the phone.

Additionally, when hanging up a call, sometimes it says with the hang up screen for around 20 seconds.

:(

Not sure what people are expecting for a developer only beta?

It's not intended to be used on your main device.

Officially you can't go back to iOS 4. I'm sure you can though if you try hard enough.

Rav4

Doesn't bother me that things don't work, I know it's a beta and thus, will encounter problems. Was simply stating what was occuring, now that I think about it, was actually a pointless post.