ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trying to add key to Renault Mk3 2011, help would be appreciated

Renault Clio Mk3 Dci
Hello,

Wife's Renault Clio Mk3 only has 1 key, so I figured I would attempt to create an extra for safe keeping.
The cars is pos, so trying not to spend much money on it.

The is bladed style key, I have had a key cut, and also have a blank transponder chip fob for it. - The key itself works fine (for switching on etc) but obvs needs to be paired to the car in order to start it.

I have downloaded and used Renault Can Clip, and have been able to extract the ISK using a tactrix openport 2.0.
32 9E CF 61 A6 84 - The byte of 24 s CA (apparently this might be needed on some cars?)

The VIN is VF1BR2H0H44746394

I have 2 tools for making the new key, Renault Can Clip, and also have autel MK808, however both need an incode to be calculated.

I have attempted to calculate it from the above details using the various calculators, but I assume the PIN its generating is somehow incorrect, as it always creates an error when trying to generate the incode.

I feel like for a complete armature, ive done pretty well so far.
Ay guidance on what I am doing wrong would be really appreciated :)

Rico

Renault Clio Mk3 Dci
Interesting, not sure how I missed this software when searching for a tool.

Don't suppose anyone that has a renolink clip happens to live near Milton Keynes and likes a free lunch?

RB 200
Going to look at a Clio later, only has the teardrop key. Are all blades the same? Was thinking of getting a used one (flip or teardrop) and just getting it re-programmed to match the other key. Don't fancy paying for a new one from Renault!

Renault Clio Mk3 Dci
Morning, no, Im pretty sure you will have issues.
The blades need to be cut to the key, I got mine done via a guy on ebay, via photograph and it worked perfectly.
Then you need a transistor chip, these can be found on ebay too etc, they need to be virgin.

Then grab a copy of renolink, and you can program the key

RB 200
Thanks for the reply. I've seen that service on eBay. Did you just buy a generic blank? How much did it cost you to get everything sorted.....

Renault Clio Mk3 Dci
I think renolink cost something like £15, it was a obd cable and disk of pirated software, the software will only work with certain cables.
Then the key cut was probably a tenner, and same with transponder chip.
I guess so £35ish, with the benefit of being able to do a bunch of other things with reno link. Pretty sure there were options for changing odometer or changing the vin!